British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Redcar Bears 22nd September

On Wednesday the Pirates welcome the Redcar Bears to Wimborne Road for a first vs 2nd in the league.

The Bears have strengthn'd up by signing  Lewis kerr and have quite a strong looking top three that includes  Charles Wright and Michael-Palm-Toff. Add in Jake Allen as a second string then they do pose a threat. Their only weakness appears to be at reserve and James Sargeant who rides at No 2 in the team

Poole will need to at their best to see off the Bears. They will be tough to beat but I would like to think that being at home we should have enough fire power to win.

Thoughts?

6 of their riders know the Poole track only Kingsley who hasn't. I would say Poole by 6-8 or 12 if one of their HL has a below par night.

Will Schlein be back? Also will depend who lines up at number 6. Fingers crossed Stefan will make a comeback later this month, we are missing him massively. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
Update

Pretty sure his 10 days will be up by then. Unless he has had any new symptoms and has to do another 10 days? 

Also depends on whether Ben Basso has recovered?  He hit his head and ribs quite heavily in Wednesday's Danish Final crash!!

We have enough guest options for Number 6 who have decent experience of the Poole track, but I still think it'll be a close one, which unfortunately I shall be viewing from behind the glass in the hospitality area rather than my usual seat in the grandstand.

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Also depends on whether Ben Basso has recovered?  He hit his head and ribs quite heavily in Wednesday's Danish Final crash!!

We have enough guest options for Number 6 who have decent experience of the Poole track, but I still think it'll be a close one, which unfortunately I shall be viewing from behind the glass in the hospitality area rather than my usual seat in the grandstand.

According to a Leicester fan he's banned for 7 days for a none speedway related illness 

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

According to a Leicester fan he's banned for 7 days for a none speedway related illness 

Yes just seen that!!

If he'd been suspended  then he wouldn't have had the r/r facilty granted last night at Leicester. The club are hopeful he will be ok for Wednesday.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he'd been suspended  then he wouldn't have had the r/r facilty granted last night at Leicester. The club are hopeful he will be ok for Wednesday.

You can have R/R for an 'ill' rider but he is then unable to ride for 7 days. 

51 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You can have R/R for an 'ill' rider but he is then unable to ride for 7 days. 

This rule is still stupid! You will either getting riders riding whilst ill (depending on what it is) or riders will say they are injured instead.

Basso is not ill. He was injured in Denmark. We really missed him last night as track conditions would have suited him perfectly. Probably a Pirates win should he have ridden.

• Haha 1

I find it all strange,we never  new until last night  whether he was ill or injured . 

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

I find it all strange,we never  new until last night  whether he was ill or injured . 

If you bang your head you can be sick after, so then which does it come under? Not saying that this has happened, but possible for both? :unsure:

How many times does it need saying that he fell in the Danish Playoff Final and hurt himself. The info is online if you wish to look for it.  We would have been far better with him riding than not. Even if he had a poor meeting it would be practice incase we meet in the playoffs. Chances are he would have done very well around there.

• Haha 1