British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flappy

Panthers v King's Lynn Thursday

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

But it's certainly in doubt afterwards. Fans should start organising to fight the developers

Yeah starting with sitting in the middle of the A1 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Heard Kerr was going elsewhere last night,but still localish.Whether that is true or not.

Hopefully Connor will be back,just hope Allitt realises he is still eligible to qualify as a rising star.

On Kasper,if they sign him I think he would be another risk with his average.

Being in Newcastle's weakened team seems to of kicked on Connor Mountain in terms of his scoring he has risen to the extra expectation in him because of his riding position within the diamonds team from reserve to second string and then towards the end of the season as the 2nd heat leader and this has been reflected in his lynn performances, he rode well for Peterborough at Sheffield and if Lynn dont use him i would like to think Peterborough would look at him as a RS option , have a feeling that the RS qualification may be tweaked and someone like Connor and others may not be eligible next year .

Edited by scoobydoo

25 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Yeah starting with sitting in the middle of the A1 

I definitely think KierStarmerFan should do that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Being in Newcastle's weakened team seems to of kicked on Connor Mountain in terms of his scoring he has risen to the extra expectation in him because of his riding position within the diamonds team from reserve to second string and then towards the end of the season as the 2nd heat leader and this has been reflected in his lynn performances, he rode well for Peterborough at Sheffield and if Lynn dont use him i would like to think Peterborough would look at him as a RS option , have a feeling that the RS qualification may be tweaked and someone like Connor and others may not be eligible next year .

Tweaked in what way do you reckon?In a way to get Josh Bates in at Sheffield again:D

You'd imagine all of those rising stars currently at clubs will all have a spot for next year. 

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

But it's certainly in doubt afterwards. Fans should start organising to fight the developers

Panthers have been on borrowed time for 20 years at the EoES. It's just natural progression of expansion within a growing city. It's long passed the point of fighting developers. I haven't read the ET spread I was pointed to yesterday that appeared in last week's copy so will look at that with interest to see what's changed from the original local plan. Especially as speedway isn't mentioned in the paper article I'm told, although, if my memory serves me right, the original PCC LP said that alternative facilities had to be found for existing sporting facilities in operation (ie speedway). I've always said that if we're not running (say in 2023) then there is not a working facility to relocate. Whether it's scare or reality, there are plenty of people who will have a much clearer picture. I mean, Bratters lives onsite and still takes an interest in most things EoES, some things speedway and most things Posh so he'd be a good starting point.

57 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Tweaked in what way do you reckon?In a way to get Josh Bates in at Sheffield again:D

Riders like for example Tom Brennan , Anders Rowe , Drew Kemp, Leon Flint , have gained alot of experience now in representing GB in various meetings and some even ride overseas for teams ,they are capable of holding down a 1-5 position especially in the championship so maybe give them another season in the premiership as a RS but not the CL assuming theres a premiership and championship,  maybe an age limit needs introducing across the board to stop Bates turning up covered in anti wrinkle cream :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Alex Brady has a piece in the SS this week  saying Kerr will be back next season , and the Stars are looking at a rider that’s never ridden in this country and a rider that wants to return to riding here.

Sayfutdinov & Zmarzlik it is then

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

They have both ridden in the UK already,    maybe Gleb Chugunov who sounds more like a character in the Ivor the Engine books 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

They have both ridden in the UK already,    maybe Gleb Chugunov who sounds more like a character in the Ivor the Engine books 

Did Zmarzlik ever ride?Unsure he was due to ride but didn't that meeting get called off and he never returned.

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Did Zmarzlik ever ride?Unsure he was due to ride but didn't that meeting get called off and he never returned.

Zmarzlik rode for Birmingham on 2nd June 2014 - 2 rides, 3 points v Swindon in an abandoned meeting. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Whoever they are they had better be half decent we don't want another season like this one or i fear supporters could stay away.