British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Janice Jackson

Julie Lewis Meeting

FRIDAY 24 September 

Tickets for this Friday's Julie Lewis Memorial Trophy are now on sale.

http://ow.ly/g8qU30rUC7M

1️⃣7️⃣ Riders
2️⃣3️⃣ Heats

Lineup and race format to be revealed in the coming days!

We are also hosting a Fan's Night in the SG Petch Platinum Suite. Treat yourself to a VIP experience for an extra £12

Priority seating
Pie and pea supper
Hot drink
Bar drink
Meeting programme
Centre green visit

For more information, or to book, contact Ian Drinkel on 07827293866 or indrinkel@msn.com

6 minutes ago, Janice Jackson said:

FRIDAY 24 September 

Tickets for this Friday's Julie Lewis Memorial Trophy are now on sale.

http://ow.ly/g8qU30rUC7M

1️⃣7️⃣ Riders
2️⃣3️⃣ Heats

Lineup and race format to be revealed in the coming days!

We are also hosting a Fan's Night in the SG Petch Platinum Suite. Treat yourself to a VIP experience for an extra £12

Priority seating
Pie and pea supper
Hot drink
Bar drink
Meeting programme
Centre green visit

For more information, or to book, contact Ian Drinkel on 07827293866 or indrinkel@msn.com

line up?

JULIE LEWIS MEMORIAL TROPHY 

This Friday sees our annual Julie Lewis Memorial Trophy meeting take place at the MPA. Like last time it will be a meeting of 2 halves.

17 riders
23 heats

Part 1️⃣ - THE QUALIFIER

A 12 rider individual will take place across 12 heats. The result of this individual is crucial to the second part. Riders competing are as follows...

1️⃣ Zach Cook (Plymouth Gladiators)
2️⃣ Josh MacDonald (Scunthorpe Scorpions)
3️⃣ Max Clegg (Newcastle Diamonds)
4️⃣ Kyle Bickley (Berwick Bandits/Bullets)
5️⃣ Jordan Jenkins (Redcar Bears/Mildenhall Tigers)
6️⃣ Jade Mudgway (Redcar Bears Boss)
7️⃣ Elliot Kelly (Mildenhall Tigers)
8️⃣ Jason Edwards (Mildenhall Tigers)
9️⃣ Ryan Kinsley (Redcar Bears/Kent Royals)
1️⃣0️⃣ Luke Crang (Berwick Bullets)
1️⃣1️⃣ James Sarjeant (Redcar Bears)
1️⃣2️⃣ Greg Blair (Berwick Bullets)

Part ⏸️ - THE MAIN EVENT

A 10 heat pairs event consisting of 5 teams battling it out to reach the Grand Final. Each team is made up of the following...

1️⃣ x Captain
1️⃣ x Qualifier (positions 1-5)
1️⃣ x Reserve (positions 6-10)

Our 5 lucky winners will each manage a team, accompanied by an experienced manager. They will pick their teams qualifying and reserve rider. Each reserve must ride once in the pairs event.

Team names will be revealed on the night, including tributes to past riders, staff and supporters of Redcar and Middlesbrough Speedway

Season tickets are valid for this meeting!

Media Prima Arena
Friday 24th Sept
Tapes Up 7:30pm
 Tickets http://ow.ly/zjlL30rUGvy

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

May I ask who Julie Lewis was ?

Julie was a lovely much appreciated Lady (with a capital L) who ran the speedway office when I first worked at Cleveland Park giving out rain-off tickets after people had come through the turnstiles in the mid 70's and she used to give me my 50pearnings in a small brown envelope at the end of the evening.  She was there (with brother Jimmy who used to run the pitgate) through all the years I worked at Cleveland Park unfailingly until it closed. It was a great pleasure to find Julie back in charge of the office when the STMP/MPA reopened in 2006. She suffered no fools but was admired by all who knew her at Teesside/Middlesbrough/Redcar.  I think she would be very pleased firstly that she was remembered so fondly and secondly that the meeting normally involves a junior aspect. 
 Copied and pasted from Boothers  on Redcar 2021 thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1