British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Premiership Play-Off Ties CONFIRMED

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Law of averages would suggest that you have to win it at some point! I can remember when BV last won it last in '93, think I was 11. Although if they weren't any playoffs in history then would have won it at least once since then.  So just a bit unfortunate, definitely have to get the little bit of good luck when it comes to the playoffs.

Yes law of averages could come into it, but i think it was Preston North End who finally won the play offs at the eleventh attempt, so could have a bit to go yet :)

Edited by bellevueace

15 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Yes law of averages could come into it, but i think it was Preston North End who finally won the play offs at the eleventh attempt, so could have a bit to go yet :)

Even the more sweeter when it happens then! I mean i only had to wait from 1994 to 2003 and i thought that was ages! lol I am a very impatient person though :D

• Haha 1

Are all.the playoff meetings being shown on Eurosport?

On 9/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, TeamBouchard said:

Possibly in future years (if there are indeed any future years for speedway) we could simplify the process of the play offs.

Rather than waiting until the 'magical cut off date' is reached in September, the 'hastily organised meeting of promoters' should be held immediately the two teams who can't make the play-offs are known (Ipswich/Kings Lynn this season which has been known for weeks).

Then simply use mileage between tracks to set up the semi finals rather than faffing about for weeks to see the finishing order.

This means the play offs could be in August with better weather, bigger crowds.

Scrap any fixtures unridden, saving promoters ££££'s.

Could be a winner for everyone.

Today's announcement is just another reason why no one outside of the sport shows any interest in it. The one 'sport' that genuinely makes it up as it goes along, year after year after year!

Not good for fans with season tickets!

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

BSPL seemingly doing all they can to get the p.off final to be on TV at the “National Speedway Stadium” that much over hyped racetrack in Manchester. 

Bitter much?

No not at all - it’s almost as funny as the much over hyped “Millenium Stadium”  

Give me Hyde Road any day over the “National Speedway Stadium” … all I have ever seen at the “NSS” is 4 riders getting further and further apart as the “race” progresses…. And the TV pundits continually telling me what a wonderful track it is ……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No not at all - it’s almost as funny as the much over hyped “Millenium Stadium”  

Give me Hyde Road any day over the “National Speedway Stadium” … all I have ever seen at the “NSS” is 4 riders getting further and further apart as the “race” progresses…. And the TV pundits continually telling me what a wonderful track it is ……..

Obviously you don’t watch much racing from the NSS then. Not every race is going to be a thriller, but when 2 or more are more of an even match the heat turns up.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, gazzac said:

Time to revert to league toppers at the end of the season crowned champions. Old argument but any hint of credibility the playoffs had (if they ever did) has gone totally now. Not a case of 'who dares wins' now, as 'who cares wins'.

Yes and the top 4 can race for the ko cup or craven shield.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, TINYS said:

I,ve never agreed with playoffs if you finish top you win the league simple as that.

Even more so with only six teams, farcical that a team fourth out of six could be champions.

2 hours ago, noggin said:

Even more so with only six teams, farcical that a team fourth out of six could be champions.

A team in the bottom half can be Champions,how's that sound :blink:

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

A team in the bottom half can be Champions,how's that sound :blink:

Absurd.

• Like 2