British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Premiership Play-Off Ties CONFIRMED

7 hours ago, noggin said:

Even more so with only six teams, farcical that a team fourth out of six could be champions.

C’mon Sheffield :-)

If Troy shows some form Sheffield are more than capable of becoming p/off winners .

Congrats to “Dads Army” for being the best team overall this season. A remarkable performance from a team of experienced riders who have frankly demonstrated how poor the “ best of the rest “ are in UK speedway 2020. 

10 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No not at all - it’s almost as funny as the much over hyped “Millenium Stadium”  

Give me Hyde Road any day over the “National Speedway Stadium” … all I have ever seen at the “NSS” is 4 riders getting further and further apart as the “race” progresses…. And the TV pundits continually telling me what a wonderful track it is ……..

think you need a trip to spec savers :rofl:

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

C’mon Sheffield :-)

Lol, c'mon Adam & Troy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, noggin said:

Even more so with only six teams, farcical that a team fourth out of six could be champions.

Not really farcical though, that was known at the start of the season. The regular season is simply qualifying for the playoffs. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, gazzac said:

Time to revert to league toppers at the end of the season crowned champions. Old argument but any hint of credibility the playoffs had (if they ever did) has gone totally now. Not a case of 'who dares wins' now, as 'who cares wins'.

Tend to agree. However doing away with play-offs would leave a big black hole, with the season finishing for most teams in August. How about introducing an end-of-season trophy competition with all teams taking part on a knock-out basis for a big sponsored trophy (e.g. the Eurosport National Speedway Trophy)? All six teams go into hat to decide their opponents in the first round and race off home and away. The three winners then go into a pool and race off against each other home and away to decide the winner.

I reckon this beats the play-off charade, whereby the team finishing fourth out of six can end up being crowned league champs. What's more, I can't see any reason why Eurosport wouldn't be willing sponsors. Other team sports seem to exist quite well with side-by-side league and cup competitions, why not speedway?

6 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Tend to agree. However doing away with play-offs would leave a big black hole, with the season finishing for most teams in August. How about introducing an end-of-season trophy competition with all teams taking part on a knock-out basis for a big sponsored trophy (e.g. the Eurosport National Speedway Trophy)? All six teams go into hat to decide their opponents in the first round and race off home and away. The three winners then go into a pool and race off against each other home and away to decide the winner.

I reckon this beats the play-off charade, whereby the team finishing fourth out of six can end up being crowned league champs. What's more, I can't see any reason why Eurosport wouldn't be willing sponsors. Other team sports seem to exist quite well with side-by-side league and cup competitions, why not speedway?

The big problem there is "big sponsored trophy"

41 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Eastbourne won a trophy called the gold cup before they did the playoffs in the NL, only one season so that must be kicking about somewhere. Just need the sponsored part now, simples. 

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Not really farcical though, that was known at the start of the season. The regular season is simply qualifying for the playoffs. 

Sure everyone knew, still seems wrong with only six teams, I would have seeded the league winners straight to the final, and next two to semi.

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, NSS1 said:

He,and you, are entitled to an opinion.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, noggin said:

Lol, c'mon Adam & Troy.

You seem to have a problem with Adam and Troy being employed by Sheffield - when your club couldn't.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

You seem to have a problem with Adam and Troy being employed by Sheffield - when your club couldn't.

You seem to be a troll trying to get a reaction! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Your name suits you, I'm not apologising for wanting Adam and Troy to do well, I don't have a team to support, so support next best thing our ex riders, you're the one with a problem.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noggin said:

Your name suits you, I'm not apologising for wanting Adam and Troy to do well, I don't have a team to support, so support next best thing our ex riders, you're the one with a problem.

I apologise,  I misunderstood your LOL re them riding for Sheffield.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, NSS1 said:

To be fair, many Belle Vue fans have said the racing hasn't been great this season compared to past seasons.