British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

They need to have rising stars under the category of 1-3 stars and their rating is taken into consideration for team building

So if a 45 limit and you want 2 x 3* rising stars you only have 39 points left for the main body, same if you went for 2 x 1* riders you'd then have 43 points to build a main body 

Agree completely panthers picked 1* Palin this season but saw nothing in return 

Hans, Bomber, Nicholls and Palm Tree I would expect. Hopefully Palin. Ulrich could suffer with the average he obtained before his injury. BWD if averages becomes an issue. 

I think Peterborough were great this year, and were fabulous to watch on tv and remarkable how all of the army probably found form they hadn't had for a few seasons and just gelled into a forceful team. I just wondered if it was a pinicle that can't be repeated again especially with the older riders and maybe need to keep some of the older team but need to bring in a couple of younger riders to freshen the team and spur the likes of Nicholls on again,  just a thought?

I think that the 2021 team had nothing really to prove as they had all seen it all and it is a very long time since we have seen a group of riders who have honed their craft, have in depth experience and actually seemed to be enjoying the day job and it showed in their determination in each race. Because of who they are and well respected, it was almost a throw back to when fans could relate to the team of riders with individual characters who made it fun again. Thanks Peterborough.

until the rules are decided if they're going to follow through with their idea of 2 RS's for next season, really hard to even come up with teams. Assuming 2 RS's - you'd expect the top 5 to be based around 40 due to the averages this season. 

Theres going go be some soul searching decisions to be made and some may not be very popular,  but as the club as a whole can now be marketed as the current premiership league champions  to maybe entice some new youthful riders to join , the club must be in its strongest position  to do this for many a year,  just hope that Rob Lyon has a major input into the club especially concerning the riders to retain and any new recruits for the 2022 team .

52 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Theres going go be some soul searching decisions to be made and some may not be very popular,  but as the club as a whole can now be marketed as the current premiership league champions  to maybe entice some new youthful riders to join , the club must be in its strongest position  to do this for many a year,  just hope that Rob Lyon has a major input into the club especially concerning the riders to retain and any new recruits for the 2022 team .

Agree here.  Do the remaining riders have another year at the top in them will any of them follow Bjarne into retirement

13 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Same opinion remains :D

you forgot to change accounts - agreed with yourself

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

until the rules are decided if they're going to follow through with their idea of 2 RS's for next season, really hard to even come up with teams. Assuming 2 RS's - you'd expect the top 5 to be based around 40 due to the averages this season. 

40 points for the top 5? that works out at 8pts per rider

If they go with 2 rising stars, I can see the main body of the team being around 32-34pts Max

1. Palm-Toft 7.17
2. Nicholls 6.71
3. Ostegaard 7.09
4. Harris 7.02
5. Andersen 7.05

so replace Ostegaard with BWD at 5.60 

Total 35.04

This season was 36+ 1x Rising Star so if the R/S doesn't change I would expect that to remain the same, if its 2 x R/S i'm leaning more towards 34 than 32 but they'll probably pick 30 which would be ridiculous, say 34 points and in comparison, Kings Lynn could look like

1. Doyle 8.93
2. Andersen 4.36
3. Jorgensen 5.91
4. Kerr 5.73
5. Lawson 7.37

Thats a fair bit under the limit so room to replace Andersen

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:
6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I'm pretty sure he will ,as i'm sure he did this season. Hence the difference in the starting line ups between Busters 2 clubs ;)

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

That's what I would go for however I think BV will want Palin back because he scores like a second string around the NSS.

Is he actually a Belle Vue rider?