British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

This has been stated many times over - yet nobody has ever tested it!!  I wonder why?..........

££ - what you need is 6/8 riders challenging it as a test case. 

On 10/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, B.V 72 said:

I am not talking of this years team the manager nailed it with his team choices and his tactical use of a high scoring reserve they well deserved to be champions. I am talking about keeping the same team( as mentioned by some Panthers fans} bar Pedersen and replacing him with a rising star {which seem the way its going } for next season.

Without an experienced high scoring  reserve next years team {as stated above{ in my opinion will not be anywhere near as powerful as this years.

Not mentioning how effective an high scoring reserve through the whole season was. Lets just look at the 4 play off meetings for an example The high scoring reserves scored 46 points over the 4 meetings 9 of these points were from tactically replacing rising star rider Palin with said riders and if i am right were only used once as a R/R which resulted in a pointless ride. Which again in my opinion won you the league and  play offs.

So this explains my thinking as to why next years proposed team will be nowhere near as good as this years.

Was very much a 1992 copy: Jason Crump comes in on a 2 and finishes the season on an 8.4 just below the Panthers legend that is Mick Poole. When such events happen then you're laughing, as were Panthers 2021.

13 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Yeah probably..that Swedish lad looked decent too...reminded me of a young Ulrich..

He is also signed up in 3 other leagues, so won't be racing here 

50 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He is also signed up in 3 other leagues, so won't be racing here 

People got all too excited. It'll be mainly the same riders 

might be worth a look at Kemp, reckon he'll be after a bigger track next year

• Like 2

If as we all hope there are at least 8 teams in the premiership will there be enough G.B. talent for 2 rising stars per team?

Kemp

Rowe

Pailin

Brennan 

Hume

Mountain

Gilkes 

Thompson x 2

Edwards

Flint

Bickley 

Bailey

Bowtell 

Thomas

Kinsley

Jenkins

Off the top of my head. Debatable how many of those would be up to the job, might have to draft in some slightly older ones like Shanes or Clegg initially but that might defeat the object a bit. To be honest I'd like to see all British reserves for both leagues but not to the detriment of team strengths.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, Skidder1 said:

This has been stated many times over - yet nobody has ever tested it!!  I wonder why?..........

This hasn't been tested yet however remember the other rule a few years ago around doubling up that prevented Scott Nicholls doubling up with Peterborough, he was prepared to go to court & once the BSPA realised he wasn't bluffing the rule was soon dropped.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Kemp

Rowe

Pailin

Brennan 

Hume

Mountain

Gilkes 

Thompson x 2

Edwards

Flint

Bickley 

Bailey

Bowtell 

Thomas

Kinsley

Jenkins

Off the top of my head. Debatable how many of those would be up to the job, might have to draft in some slightly older ones like Shanes or Clegg initially but that might defeat the object a bit. To be honest I'd like to see all British reserves for both leagues but not to the detriment of team strengths.

This years list 

1 STAR:

Nathan Ablitt, Joe Alcock, Sam Bebee, Paul Bowen, Arran Butcher, James Chattin, Jacob Clouting, Sheldon Davies, Kieran Douglas, Kelsey Dugard, Josh Embleton, Archie Freeman, Dan Gilkes, Sam Hagon, Luke Harrison, Elliot Kelly, Connor King, Harry McGurk, Gregor Millar, Lewis Millar, Jake Mulford, Jordan Palin, Ben Rathbone, George Rothery, Danny Smith, Tom Spencer, Alex Spooner, Ryan Terry-Daley, Joe Thompson, Dan Thompson, Danno Verge, Mason Watson, Ben Woodhull.

2 STAR:

Richard Andrews, Henry Atkins, Greg Blair, Connor Coles, Luke Harris, Jordan Jenkins, Joe Lawlor, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Danny Phillips.

3 STAR:

Leon Flint, Danyon Hume, Drew Kemp, Ryan Kinsley, Luke Ruddick, Jack Smith.

4 STAR:

Tom Bacon, Josh Bates, Kyle Bickley, Tom Brennan, Nathan Greaves, Connor Mountain, Anders Rowe, James Shanes.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, Skidder1 said:

Could it be because only fans get worked up about it? I’m not sure what there is to test. Riders ride where they want to ride and teams holding their registration can’t stop them. It has been challenged within BSPA, one of the times was Adrian Miedinski wanting to ride for Poole when Swindon held his registration. The rider got his way

• Like 2