British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

On 11/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, Flappy said:

Yes it was a great touch. 

All of the riders naturally want to come back but nothing was mentioned about signings as far as I can see

Probably no-one wants to re-sign until it is clear what the advert in the Peterborough Telegraph today means. An auction on November 19th of all the East of England Agricultural Society effects due to the sale of the Peterborough Showground. 

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

Probably no-one wants to re-sign until it is clear what the advert in the Peterborough Telegraph today means. An auction on November 19th of all the East of England Agricultural Society effects due to the sale of the Peterborough Showground. 

https://www.bletsoes.co.uk/assets/96c50475f6/E.o.E-Catalogue.pdf

Farm machinery, equipment and tools due to the "sale of the Peterborough showground"

Nothing speedway related I could see but only glanced at a very long list 

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

Broken link what they selling?

Works fine for me

9 hours ago, noaksey said:

Farm machinery, equipment and tools due to the "sale of the Peterborough showground"

It's not so much the auction of equipment but the reason the sale of the showground & what that means for those who use it.

The Speedway equipment might not be listed, it might not belong to the showground but the equipment is no use if the track is unavailable.

I guess it depends on the terms of the lease the speedway has and if  it's expired or not regarding next season.

9 hours ago, noaksey said:

All the speedway owned equipment is in the speedway compound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's not so much the auction of equipment but the reason the sale of the showground & what that means for those who use it.

The Speedway equipment might not be listed, it might not belong to the showground but the equipment is no use if the track is unavailable.

I guess it depends on the terms of the lease the speedway has and if  it's expired or not regarding next season.

I think we were aware of the Showground sale or potential sale. I recall some fairly recent posts on the subject of master plan/planning applications for the site.

Big Cat will undoubtedly know more than me 

So after the championship season finally ends its now definitely the speedway close season or as its known to Peterborough fans the will they wont they season , 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, bigcatdiary said:

All the speedway owned equipment is in the speedway compound.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more comment on this. I know we'll just have to wait and see and that there's no point speculating, but the sale of all those tractors and the haste for the items to be removed from the Showground looks very worrying to me. 

5 hours ago, jeff said:

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more comment on this. I know we'll just have to wait and see and that there's no point speculating, but the sale of all those tractors and the haste for the items to be removed from the Showground looks very worrying to me. 

All the equipment sold belongs to the outgoing  SHOWGROUND owners, all the speedway tractors and track equipment is in the speedway compound or at Lynn under the control of Buster Chapman.

The new Showground owners declined to buy the existing equipment so it’s been sold.

It doesn’t affect the speedway at all.

• Thanks 1