British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

I think people need to lower their expectations a little, Basso can be a top rider one day but it will take time, next season he will progress but he isn't being signed as a 9point rider, if he can attain a 6point average he will more than done his job. 

• Like 2

Don't rub BrASSO up the wrong way now that he as Pirate blood in his veins! :party:

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, that is true we didn't really 'need' to give him extra rides apart from at Edinburgh. 

He's going to have to average 6 for the plan to work again.... No pressure young man. 

Has a bit of the Nike Lunna's about him.........

Edited by Flappy

On 12/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, PirateShip said:

U are extremely wrong. Makes his debut at Redcar, last first time out but on the pace....2nd time out and he wins the race by nearly a staright in wot turned out to be the fastest time of the night.

Enuff said really! 

Emil Grondal did similar at Rye House at PL level and look how he turned out. If he scores 4 home and away then he’s done ok.

16 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

BEN BASSO best rider in the Worrrrrrrrld!

:t:

Erm, I think Laguta might have something to say about that lol 

25 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Just watched some clips or Basso and he reminds me of a young Sayfudinov.

Probably Would he have reminded you of a Scott Smith if he had signed for some one else.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Emil Grondal did similar at Rye House at PL level and look how he turned out. If he scores 4 home and away then he’s done ok.

He is far better than the awful Grondal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Just watched some clips or Basso and he reminds me of a young Sayfudinov.

But Basso is 20. By the time Emil was that age he'd already won two World under 21 championships and 3 Grand Prixs.

4 hours ago, GWC said:

Emil Grondal is Emil Grondal

Ben Basso is Ben Basso

Subtle difference! :D

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

But Basso is 20. By the time Emil was that age he'd already won two World under 21 championships and 3 Grand Prixs.

Age is just a number and wot u win at any age doesn't mean that you go on to claim the ultimate prize at any age.

U compare Basso with Sayfutdinov, ok I'll compare Basso with Doyle when claiming the World title, the ultimate prize,  which Sayfutdinov hasn't claimed......Basso as another 12 years in the bank yet if we are to use age!!

:party:

Edited by PirateShip

Ben Basso......Rockin all over the World

And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, I la la la like it!:party:

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Erm, I think Laguta might have something to say about that lol 

Nah, Laguta is already yesterday's news! :rofl:

• Haha 1

Believe in Basso.

Positives 

*Adapts very quickly to all types of tracks as proven with his scores for Poole this season.

*The Danish Bomber Harris who's not afraid to ride the boards and take risks.

*Will always give it 100% whether he's first or last because he never gives up and he doesn't pretend to have a bike failure when at the back.

*Great with the fans and a nice person to have around the place which is key when it comes to team spirit.

*Youngster with bags of potential on a false average, 6.31 including bonus for Poole imagine what that average would've been if he spent a full season with them this year.

Negatives

*He'll have the odd fall due to him trying to hard but he's a youngster still learning and developing as a rider.

I think Ben can up his GSA by 1.5 - 2.0 points. Who's he got to worry about in reality? As long as he takes care of the journey men and the rising stars whilst picking off a second string per meeting then we're laughing. 

• Like 1