British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hans saying he struggling to breathe tonight as still suffering from his crash at Scunthorpe where he got rib injury. So maybe why he struggled a bit at BV? 

I think people tend jump on riders' age when they have a poor meeting without considering other factors, whether it be Hans as you've said, Nicholls blowing two engines or Puk struggling to breathe last night. They are only human after all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think people tend jump on riders' age when they have a poor meeting without considering other factors, whether it be Hans as you've said, Nicholls blowing two engines or Puk struggling to breathe last night. They are only human after all.

Probably because age often brings more bad meetings and excuses than riders of that quality ever had in their younger years. In their prime they usually only had bad races and rode through the pain barrier as the adrenalin of being at the top of their game dulled any pain. Riders at the top of their game are super human. It's only at the end of their career when they are not winning for fun and it all can be a bit of a struggle that they suddenly become just plain and simple human.

19 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Probably because age often brings more bad meetings and excuses than riders of that quality ever had in their younger years. In their prime they usually only had bad races and rode through the pain barrier as the adrenalin of being at the top of their game dulled any pain. Riders at the top of their game are super human. It's only at the end of their career when they are not winning for fun and it all can be a bit of a struggle that they suddenly become just plain and simple human.

It is a pattern isnt it?

Which makes Nicki P still doing it at the very highest level in Poland consistently even more impressive.. 

And the longevity of Hancock in the GP's even more impressive...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

It is a pattern isnt it?

Which makes Nicki P still doing it at the very highest level in Poland consistently even more impressive.. 

And the longevity of Hancock in the GP's even more impressive...

Assuming he sticks to his guns, Bjarne Pedersen basically managed his career perfectly,  what a way to finish it on the high of last season and not pursue another season because of it.

• Like 1

Can see Hans dropping back too reserve soon and basso in the main body… will they benefit us or make us weaker, with Hans seemingly struggling on the bigger tracks so far this season I feel it’s a cause for concern, fingers crossed all the boys will get firing soon 

30 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Can see Hans dropping back too reserve soon and basso in the main body… will they benefit us or make us weaker, with Hans seemingly struggling on the bigger tracks so far this season I feel it’s a cause for concern, fingers crossed all the boys will get firing soon 

Like a rusty old cannon springs to mind.....apart from rocket launcher Basso.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

Basso needs to complete 4 home and 4 away league fixtures to achieve a true average first

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Basso needs to complete 4 home and 4 away league fixtures to achieve a true average first

Three home and three away now

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Three home and three away now

Makes sense with so few fixtures now :t:

Hans has had a few nasty bangs over the past few years and it has to take its toll at some stage, 

Hes riding and gating on the smaller tracks far better than the big fast ones could point to the fact his big track engines are just not performing to his  standards  

Edited by scoobydoo

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Hans has had a few nasty bangs over the past few years and it has to take its toll at some stage, 

Hes riding and gating on the smaller tracks far better than the big fast ones could point to the fact his big track engines are just not performing to his  standards  

I think in reality Hans is done as a heat leader level even in the UK

45 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hans is nowhere near the rider he was in 2006. That Hans was a different kettle of fish.

That's like 16 yrs ago!! No rider is on the same form after 16 years :blink:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hans is nowhere near the rider he was in 2006. That Hans was a different kettle of fish.

Silly comparison.  I just feel it may have been one injury too many.  I don't want to see a legend sacked though

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

That's like 16 yrs ago!! No rider is on the same form after 16 years :blink:

Some are better!  Look at Jason Doyle!

• Like 1