British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

On 5/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, lisa-colette said:

That's like 16 yrs ago!! No rider is on the same form after 16 years :blink:

Greg Hancock was. 

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:46 PM, Flappy said:

Silly comparison.  I just feel it may have been one injury too many.  I don't want to see a legend sacked though

Belle Vue crash in the Final last year was one too many imo.

Hans will always be a legend of our club no matter what happens. Fans will always appreciate and respect him for everything he's done.

As far as sacking goes in order to retain our title it may have to be done if results don't improve starting tomorrow unless we're prepared to come last out of loyalty and sentiment.

Best thing that can happen is Andersen moving back down to reserve imo. He can dominate the reserves for an evening whilst Basso can hold his own with 5 points a meeting in the 1-5 imo.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, Redpanther said:

Can see Hans dropping back too reserve soon and basso in the main body… will they benefit us or make us weaker, with Hans seemingly struggling on the bigger tracks so far this season I feel it’s a cause for concern, fingers crossed all the boys will get firing soon 

After 2 matches Basso has a 4.73 ave, current 20 match rolling aves for Andersen is 6.75 & Nicholls 6.56!

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

After 2 matches Basso has a 4.73 ave, current 20 match rolling aves for Andersen is 6.75 & Nicholls 6.56!

It is only 2 meetings, both away, in one he only scored 1pt from 5.The other 12 from 6.. It wont take him long until he is in the 1-5 imho. Example... if he scores 10 from 6 tonight, which i think he could, his 3 match ave would jump to 5.4.. It's 3 home and 3 away meetings for his first average i think. His 3rd home meeting is on June 13th.By then he would have had 4 away. So if i'm right he has 5 meetings before he gets his first average. I think he will over take Hans by then. 

I'm sure someone who knows the rules better than me will let me know :t:

Can't remember us getting beaten so heavily away from home like we did and now the same at home. There are not enough matches to wait and hope. There are 3 or 4 riders who are simply just not doing theyre job.

You got lucky with Ulrich getting a false average riding against the rising stars as no was would he have kept that average in the main team & using r/r for his average.

Sad to see Hans struggling 

26 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

You got lucky with Ulrich getting a false average riding against the rising stars as no was would he have kept that average in the main team & using r/r for his average.

Sad to see Hans struggling 

He should never have been signed on a 7+ average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Get on the phone to Artem and Emil.

TTT at it with his Russian comments!!

Said it once and I'll say it again.

Get on the phone to Krzysztof Buczkowski and give Kenny Bjerre a call too.

• Like 1

Good too see Hans doing abit better at home last night, tho we are struggling far too much, I understand why they did but having ulrich on a 7 average in my opinion is just a no no. First thing they’ve got too do is sort the track out, as at the moment it’s nothing short of sh*te…. No outside racing line or anything, gate and go is boring. I don’t know who or what if it’s buster that’s obsessed with fast times, I for which couldn’t care about times I’d rather see a race 2/3 seconds slower with passing. I feel if we have another couple of meetings like this then there has too be changes. Palin looks way way out of his depth and I can’t work out why he’s struggling so much 

Is Cameron Heeps still available??

For me we have to be careful here.  I see the dogs starting to come out for Buster and the track, it has a feel of just because we're losing we look for a scapegoat like king's Lynn did last year.

This management and team defied all the odds last season when they should've been nowhere near in reality, in hindsight they should've gone out on a high but fancied another shot at it which is proving the wrong call.  

Last season should never be forgotten as it was so special.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Kildemand ended up in the team as soon as he's fit, Klindt is also available.

Edited by Flappy