British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

The issue is never to much dirt on the inside initially. The problems come from track grading bringing the dirt back to the inside, never allowing for other line. 

I'd bring in an interval / grading rule that tractors can't enter the track between heats 1-8 & 9-15. All intervals must be after heat 8 & only track grade allowed. 

Tractors should only be allowed to enter the track to water or if the referee & clerk of the course agree that the surface is a danger to riders. 

The amount of track grading today is so unnecessary with the (lack of) materials used compared to 20yrs ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trees said:

I thought it was grippy on the inside last year which suited MPT, Scotty, Hans etc

It was. Excuses are being made 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:44 AM, Flappy said:

For me we have to be careful here.  I see the dogs starting to come out for Buster and the track, it has a feel of just because we're losing we look for a scapegoat like king's Lynn did last year.

This management and team defied all the odds last season when they should've been nowhere near in reality, in hindsight they should've gone out on a high but fancied another shot at it which is proving the wrong call.  

Last season should never be forgotten as it was so special.  

Completely agree, last season your team overachieved and will be remembered for winning against the odds. This year more back to normal. The track has been the same since 2019, but somehow when you're winning it looks different.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The issue is never to much dirt on the inside initially. The problems come from track grading bringing the dirt back to the inside, never allowing for other line. 

I'd bring in an interval / grading rule that tractors can't enter the track between heats 1-8 & 9-15. All intervals must be after heat 8 & only track grade allowed. 

Tractors should only be allowed to enter the track to water or if the referee & clerk of the course agree that the surface is a danger to riders. 

The amount of track grading today is so unnecessary with the (lack of) materials used compared to 20yrs ago. 

I wouldn’t go that far, but I do cringe when I see ‘experienced’ curators dragging the dirt from the outside to the inside. That just makes it worst, dragging loose dirt onto the inside and destroying the dirt line that is building up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

I wouldn’t go that far, but I do cringe when I see ‘experienced’ curators dragging the dirt from the outside to the inside. That just makes it worst, dragging loose dirt onto the inside and destroying the dirt line that is building up.

Cardiff is the perfect example.  Just leave the track alone !!!!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:22 PM, TTT said:

Said it once and I'll say it again.

Get on the phone to Krzysztof Buczkowski and give Kenny Bjerre a call too.

:D:icon_smile_clown:

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

:D:icon_smile_clown:

Bit bored tonight I take it? Only took 48 hours for you to type an irrelevant reply. 

On 5/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, TTT said:

Bit bored tonight I take it? Only took 48 hours for you to type an irrelevant reply. 

Just paying a rare visit so must have missed that last time if it was there? What's irrelevant? You're a bit of a clown and it's a funny suggestion that gets funnier each time that you say it. Thanks for relieving my boredom though B) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Just paying a rare visit so must have missed that last time if it was there? What's irrelevant? You're a bit of a clown and it's a funny suggestion that gets funnier each time that you say it. Thanks for relieving my boredom though B) 

Pretty obvious that you're a happy clapper at this point. People like myself actually want to see my team retain the title rather than lose by double digits in every league meeting. 

You're very welcome.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TTT said:

Pretty obvious that you're a happy clapper at this point. People like myself actually want to see my team retain the title rather than lose by double digits in every league meeting. 

You're very welcome.

There’s some of us who would just be happy to have their track back!

We won one trophy in 14 years but I’d rather be watching the likes Marek Mroz, Barry Evans and Schrammy giving it everything again than winning the league even once 

Scott Nicholls is 44 today. Didn't realise he was that old 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Scott Nicholls is 44 today. Didn't realise he was that old 

Jeez i remember him riding for Panthers as a 16yr old !!!

• Like 1

As Kings Lynn only race against teams missing a rider and with Belle Vue likely to be missing Etheridge and maybe Zagar on thursday there next match then is on 30th May against Peterborough so bets on who will be missing for the Panthers ?

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

As Kings Lynn only race against teams missing a rider and with Belle Vue likely to be missing Etheridge and maybe Zagar on thursday there next match then is on 30th May against Peterborough so bets on who will be missing for the Panthers ?

I'll have a tenner on Ostergaard. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

It's not our fault :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke