British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's not our fault :rofl:

I know its not,   but its becoming the norm this season , think Peterborough have ridden there matches with most of there riders going missing anyway !!!

Don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere but Jordan Jenkins has been named Peterborough's number 8 now replacing Injured Dan Gilkes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Last in our home leg of the pairs ouch 

Will be the story of our season tbh.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Last in our home leg of the pairs ouch 

Its certainly looking odds on at the moment that Peterborough will finish bottom  , not one rider has any consistency race to race , MPT was better with broken fingers !!!

Edited by scoobydoo

27 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

I so hope you are wrong but it is such a struggle atm, can’t work it out 

I hope I'm wrong too.

On 5/19/2022 at 4:27 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere but Jordan Jenkins has been named Peterborough's number 8 now replacing Injured Dan Gilkes

It's a bit of an odd choice as Jenkins certainly hasn't been scoring well for Redcar do far this season, averaging 2.57 (3.43).

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Its certainly looking odds on at the moment that Peterborough will finish bottom  , not one rider has any consistency race to race , MPT was better with broken fingers !!!

The league has just improved and Panthers haven't.  We stayed the same whilst the others evolved, I don't think it's any more than that.

The points limit raised, other clubs signed the likes of Iversen, Kildemand, Zagar, Holder, Fricke, Doyle, Musiliek, Kurtz, Masters etc and we stayed loyal like a lot of us fans wanted as they were bloody brilliant last year.  

We messed up team building quite simple

Edited by Flappy

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The league has just improved and Panthers haven't.  We stayed the same whilst the others evolved, I don't think it's any more than that 

This is true, but when announced I and most Panthers fans were more than happy with the team.

• Like 2

Just now, wealdstone said:

This is true, but when announced I and most Panthers fans were more than happy with the team.

Agreed out of loyalty as there's not enough of it in the sport.  Maybe it's simply not a sport where you can be loyal with points limits changing yearly

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a bit of an odd choice as Jenkins certainly hasn't been scoring well for Redcar do far this season, averaging 2.57 (3.43).

Maybe it's more about getting him connected to the club for the future? 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

The league has just improved and Panthers haven't.  We stayed the same whilst the others evolved, I don't think it's any more than that.

The points limit raised, other clubs signed the likes of Iversen, Kildemand, Zagar, Holder, Fricke, Doyle, Musiliek, Kurtz, Masters etc and we stayed loyal like a lot of us fans wanted as they were bloody brilliant last year.  

I think a big issue is ulrichs average, was never gunna maintain that, the others all be it not at current stand a better chance of maintaining 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

I think a big issue is ulrichs average, was never gunna maintain that, the others all be it not at current stand a better chance of maintaining 

I think Rob or whoever is involved with team building showed great loyalty to the fantastic job the riders did for you last season. While others tried to strengthen. Add the fact that your already aging team were are a year older, are all factors to varying degrees.

Your only 3 league meetings in, so  very early days, and i'm sure some riders will pick up,  but the drop off is big so far. Your top 5 riders are 10 points down between them  on their starting aves so far. From Ully down 3.09 on his starting ave to MPT at - 0.77. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

The one change that they couldn't afford was losing the ringer at reserve and that's what happened. Didn't the whole team end up down there at some point last season? That's some luxury. That tells you much about where most are now in their career whilst now also being a year older and having to improve their performance against better quality riders as you highlight. That improvement isn't going to happen to riders on the wrong side of the hill. Loyalty is admirable but it was fairly obvious that that would come at a cost in 2022.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3