British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

I’ll admit too being wrong with ulrichs score, got more than I expected but why on earth we had worral I’ll never know, dreadful. Swear he struggled in the televised match at monmore earlier in the season aswell?

12 hours ago, chrismorton said:

And we're stuck with treble zero Worral..

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

I’ll admit too being wrong with ulrichs score, got more than I expected but why on earth we had worral I’ll never know, dreadful. Swear he struggled in the televised match at monmore earlier in the season aswell?

I didn't see the match, but Worrall only lost to Wolves top 5 (who all have higher aves than him) & beat their reserves, plus beat Douglas once. So he's done what's expected of a 5.5 rider!

3 hours ago, Redpanther said:

The televised match was run on a very wet track that caught as many home riders out as away ones , that said Worrall was never going to score heavily hes inconsistent at the best of times and wasn't going to help Peterborough win and put Lynn bottom !! , this is part of the joke at times for the use of guests, everyone pokes fun at Bomber for his guest meetings but he will always give his all whoever he rides for.

Ulrich did well last night from the clips via eurosport he was trying to stick to the line but hes not known for his small track skills so obviously drifted wide especially around Karlsson corridor. Dont see any changes taking place now may as well let the season pan out until its ends for Peterborough around the end of September. 

Sad that if this is to be the last season of racing then the Panthers go out with the sad memories of finishing bottom again because its going to happen i fear.

Edited by scoobydoo

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The televised match was run on a very wet track that caught as many home riders out as away ones , that said Worrall was never going to score heavily hes inconsistent at the best of times and wasn't going to help Peterborough win and put Lynn bottom !! , this is part of the joke at times for the use of guests, everyone pokes fun at Bomber for his guest meetings but he will always give his all whoever he rides for.

Ulrich did well last night from the clips via eurosport he was trying to stick to the line but hes not known for his small track skills so obviously drifted wide especially around Karlsson corridor. Dont see any changes taking place now may as well let the season pan out until its ends for Peterborough around the end of September. 

Sad that if this is to be the last season of racing then the Panthers go out with the sad memories of finishing bottom again because its going to happen i fear.

What you are saying I fear will come true…. And in my opinion if this is it then the fans deserve better, one last hooray so too speak and go out on a high, not just giving up and settling for last place. Just comes across like they don’t care and a lost cause…. Supporters don’t ever know enough of the goings on in my opinion. 

Management need too sort out a couple of replacements if we are too climb the table. Unfortunately I just can’t see it 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't see the match, but Worrall only lost to Wolves top 5 (who all have higher aves than him) & beat their reserves, plus beat Douglas once. So he's done what's expected of a 5.5 rider!

On the updates it says he scored 3, if that’s the case I really wouldn’t say that’s him doing his job

I  like many Panthers fans I would imagine are very concerned about the future.  Whilst as someone has said the plans for development at EOES are only aspirational , I would imagine that ripping up the track and demolishing the Grandstand  do not require planning permission. That being the case it means the end of Panthers.

If there was any possibility of finding and alternative venue I am sure it would have been found by now. Therefore  all the platitudes we are hearing from the developers and Panthers Management seem  meaningless. As far as local council is concerned I am always mindful of what a local councilor in my area once said to me "we don't really care as long as any nasties can be kept away from our own patches"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

What you are saying I fear will come true…. And in my opinion if this is it then the fans deserve better, one last hooray so too speak and go out on a high, not just giving up and settling for last place. Just comes across like they don’t care and a lost cause…. Supporters don’t ever know enough of the goings on in my opinion. 

Management need too sort out a couple of replacements if we are too climb the table. Unfortunately I just can’t see it 

I wouldnt be surprised if Buster isnt being compensated for the fact hes losing effectively a business he owns,  could be very wrong,  but business is business and has hes got another similar business down the road hes got more interest in he wont put up much fight.

Will they spend money on what is most likely a lost cause already ? , No IMO , hope im very very wrong but the signs i fear are starting to show now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I  like many Panthers fans I would imagine are very concerned about the future.  Whilst as someone has said the plans for development at EOES are only aspirational , I would imagine that ripping up the track and demolishing the Grandstand  do not require planning permission. That being the case it means the end of Panthers.

If there was any possibility of finding and alternative venue I am sure it would have been found by now. Therefore  all the platitudes we are hearing from the developers and Panthers Management seem  meaningless. As far as local council is concerned I am always mindful of what a local councilor in my area once said to me "we don't really care as long as any nasties can be kept away from our own patches"

Can't the Supporters Club write to the Council, get stuff in the local rag etc re a new venue, do they know of areas of land available, suggest them? 

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

Can't the Supporters Club write to the Council, get stuff in the local rag etc re a new venue, do they know of areas of land available, suggest them? 

Think all this is well known to local paper. If there were alternative sites I have no doubt they would have been identified  some time ago.

Just now, wealdstone said:

Think all this is well known to local paper. If there were alternative sites I have no doubt they would have been identified  some time ago.

Don't give up  ....

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Don't give up  ....

The person who needs to fight the most is the owner but dont think he will have the required enthusiasm for such a fight 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The person who needs to fight the most is the owner but dont think he will have the required enthusiasm for such a fight 

100% my thoughts, hope I’m wrong 

54 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

As far as the current venue goes yes but it's the fans/locals who care the most?

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Buster isnt being compensated for the fact hes losing effectively a business he owns,  could be very wrong,  but business is business and has hes got another similar business down the road hes got more interest in he wont put up much fight.

Will they spend money on what is most likely a lost cause already ? , No IMO , hope im very very wrong but the signs i fear are starting to show now

I would imagine Buster put a  big chunk of cash into the club. Who knows what's in the small print. We're not privy to what's going on behind the scenes, but does seen strange that changes haven't been made.