British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Both King's Lynn and Peterborough would currently improve by adding Tungate.  He's not everyone's cup of tea but is a solid enough rider at home in particular.

With Palin out for the season will need a new rising star also whether that be at 7 or 8.  There has to be better than Jenkins surely?

Edited by Flappy

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Both King's Lynn and Peterborough would currently improve by adding Tungate.  He's not everyone's cup of tea but is a solid enough rider at home in particular.

With Palin out for the season will need a new rising star also whether that be at 7 or 8.  There has to be better than Jenkins surely?

Best options are Bowtell, Shanes or Clegg? 

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Best options are Bowtell, Shanes or Clegg? 

they wont score anything either tbh.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Redpanther said:

May aswell give some of the championship riders a try out for next year, can’t be much worse 

No

On 7/7/2022 at 9:42 PM, Sully said:

How 

After last season What an absolute disaster of a season...things could not have been any worse and we just keep plodding on with being crap with hardly any press releases.. wouldn't happen in a professional sport.

5 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

they wont score anything either tbh.

Botwell if any, tbf I think there’s limited options R/S wise…. Edwards is probably one of the best bar Brennan and obviously taken by Lynn 

4 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Botwell if any, tbf I think there’s limited options R/S wise…. Edwards is probably one of the best bar Brennan and obviously taken by Lynn 

Yet Peterborough picked Jenkins when Edwards was available!

54 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Is Anders Rowe still at Ipswich?

32 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'm sure he has been dropped by both his British teams or left off his own back and riding only in the junior Polish league.

25 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I'm sure he has been dropped by both his British teams or left off his own back and riding only in the junior Polish league.

Yeah he has but I shouldn’t think that the junior polish league pays that well but there you go 

3 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah he has but I shouldn’t think that the junior polish league pays that well but there you go 

I also read somewhere he was based over in Poland this season or now but dunno if it's fact or not, if so it's probably better for him to just ride over there then keep flying back and forth over here, and i bet even the Polish junior League pays more then he got here point money wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I know I was shocked tbh, didn’t understand that at all, edwards has been in much better form 

2 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Can't remember which thread it was in but the proposed pay rates were on there..

Considerably more than over here I seem to remember. 

The Poles are using the league to develop young talent of all nations so they have enough riders for the long term to keep their leagues the ones to be in, and therefore keep the massive sponsorships and TV coverage..

No doubt though they will still keep rules to protect Polish places in the septets.. 

Dont sit on their laurels the Poles..

Thinking everything will stay the same forever was a clear failing of the UK in the early 80's by reducing team spaces for British riders, and towards the end of the 90's as the GP's came along and they failed to react to them..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Can't remember which thread it was in but the proposed pay rates were on there..

Considerably more than over here I seem to remember. 

The Poles are using the league to develop young talent of all nations so they have enough riders for the long term to keep their leagues the ones to be in, and therefore keep the massive sponsorships and TV coverage..

No doubt though they will still keep rules to protect Polish places in the septets.. 

Dont sit on their laurels the Poles..

Thinking everything will stay the same forever was a clear failing of the UK in the early 80's by reducing team spaces for British riders, and towards the end of the 90's as the GP's came along and they failed to react to them..

Whether they run these leagues or not the best riders will end up over there imo .....

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

He's still in their declared team, but they can use Hume every week & don't really need to replace him.