British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

You could sign him, and then use R/R all season again :D

Then you gotbone ofast years riders back :P

Keep looking up at Dad's Army. 

In all seriousness Buczkowski to Panthers instead of Ostergaard and a 5 pointer at reserve makes real sense.

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Keep looking up at Dad's Army. 

In all seriousness Buczkowski to Panthers instead of Ostergaard and a 5 pointer at reserve makes real sense.

Agree but you've got to take the budget into consideration here. 

Ostergaard would be much cheaper than Buczkowski even though the latter is the right move to make.

13 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Ostergaard would be much cheaper than Buczkowski even though the latter is the right move to make.

That's another conversation as don't know what either earn. 

Tbh I've mentioned it many times the Ostergaard conundrum is the only doubt I have regarding team building, I'd quite happily see the rest return and rightly so because I feel they deserve to, at this point you can make a massive argument for Ulrich Ostergaard because his performances prior to injury were simply brilliant.

The big question is if they go with Ulrich, do they have another Ulrich on a 4.00 average to do what he did last season? 

19 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Buzkowski was poor in the Extra league last season..Id take Ulrich over him personally..

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

That's another conversation as don't know what either earn. 

Tbh I've mentioned it many times the Ostergaard conundrum is the only doubt I have regarding team building, I'd quite happily see the rest return and rightly so because I feel they deserve to, at this point you can make a massive argument for Ulrich Ostergaard because his performances prior to injury were simply brilliant.

The big question is if they go with Ulrich, do they have another Ulrich on a 4.00 average to do what he did last season? 

That's my worry.

I cant find one tbh.

31 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Buzkowski was poor in the Extra league last season..Id take Ulrich over him personally..

Buzz has been on the decline like Kildemand.

Having given this much thought I think Ostergaard is the move to make now unless Cook is available (Backtracking I know)

Reason why - It's a 6 team league again featuring 4 away trips to a couple of technical tracks that Buczkowski won't be able to ride.

9 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Buzz has been on the decline like Kildemand.

Having given this much thought I think Ostergaard is the move to make now unless Cook is available (Backtracking I know)

Reason why - It's a 6 team league again featuring 4 away trips to a couple of technical tracks that Buczkowski won't be able to ride.

With Harris reportedly signing for Oxford .Could the management have moved quick and gone for both Ostergaard and Buzz leaving an Allen sized gap at reserve ?.

Just now, B.V 72 said:

With Harris reportedly signing for Oxford .Could the management have moved quick and gone for both Ostergaard and Buzz leaving an Allen sized gap at reserve ?.

Allen at Sheffield by all accounts

19 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Oxford are in Championship

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

Oxford are in Championship

Yes i know.  Reports at the time said that Oxford applied to join the Prem league . But were knocked back and it was reported that Harris had already signed for them. as i remember some link between Berwick and Oxford which at the time seemed to pee off a few Panthers fans.

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

Allen would do nicely but he's off elsewhere.

• Like 1

Not long to wait now. The Harris chat as been just that, I for 1 hope he’s in the Panthers team.

I find it funny that fans expect riders to wait and have no back up when we all know that some riders are kept waiting while management number crunch and then release them.

5 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Yes i know.  Reports at the time said that Oxford applied to join the Prem league . But were knocked back and it was reported that Harris had already signed for them. as i remember some link between Berwick and Oxford which at the time seemed to pee off a few Panthers fans.

Maybe the link being both run by Courtney's? Their Dad Mark was Harris's mechanic for some time wasn't he? 

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Maybe the link being both run by Courtney's? Their Dad Mark was Harris's mechanic for some time wasn't he? 

That's  the missing link from my post thank you.

• Like 1