British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

He's awful tbh Flappy.

Been on the decline in the Championship for the last two seasons as well.

Riss still hasn't be announced at Ipswich and it's unlikely he does get announced if they've signed Batchelor which leaves us or Sheffield.

Sounds like Ostergaard

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Sounds like Ostergaard

I wouldn't reject the signing of Ostergaard on a 7 tbh.

Might of used his Glasgow money to buy top equipment which resulted in his performances last season. 

I'm just nervous about getting the No.6 right tbh because that's the make or break part. Buczkowski or Ostergaard isn't much of a difference imo when you take into account British Experience, Ability to ride certain British tracks, Better rider for team spirit as well as the form Buczkowski has been in for the last couple of years.

I just don't want us to end up with a journey man like Proctor or Wells at reserve. 

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I wouldn't reject the signing of Ostergaard on a 7 tbh.

Might of used his Glasgow money to buy top equipment which resulted in his performances last season. 

I'm just nervous about getting the No.6 right tbh because that's the make or break part. Buczkowski or Ostergaard isn't much of a difference imo when you take into account British Experience, Ability to ride certain British tracks, Better rider for team spirit as well as the form Buczkowski has been in for the last couple of years.

I just don't want us to end up with a journey man like Proctor or Wells at reserve. 

Like we took journeymen Ostergaard? 

Feel like Buckz would be the better choice, he won't lower his average, Ully could easily drop his average to what Buckz is starting on.

Just now, Flappy said:

Like we took journeymen Ostergaard? 

Tbh Ostergaard is a decent rider imo who doesn't get enough credit. 

Apart from one odd year in the Championship when he got injured mid season his averages for a good few years have all been 7+

Which goes to show he's a very reliable and consistent HL in that division and most Premiership teams consist of Championship riders who he beats regularly in the Championship anyway.

Ostergaard is better than riders like Riss, Kerr, Jorgensen, Howarth, R. Worrall, Allen etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, KingoftheTrack said:

Tbh Ostergaard is a decent rider imo who doesn't get enough credit. 

Apart from one odd year in the Championship when he got injured mid season his averages for a good few years have all been 7+

Which goes to show he's a very reliable and consistent HL in that division and most Premiership teams consist of Championship riders who he beats regularly in the Championship anyway.

Ostergaard is better than riders like Riss, Kerr, Jorgensen, Howarth, R. Worrall, Allen etc. 

I agree he had a great year last year, but there's a reason he started last season on a 4

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I agree he had a great year last year, but there's a reason he started last season on a 4

Tbf that's only because he barely rode in the top flight for 6/7 years.

Only had 3 or 4 meetings for us in 2019 and that was it. Other than that we're talking Elite League Days regarding Ostergaard in the top flight when British Speedway had the creme de la creme competing in it.

Where's riders like Wells and Proctor have had chance after chance every year in top league and consistently done awful.

If it is Ostergaard that 4 pointer will be key to the team doing what it did last season

1. Michael Palm-Toft 7.17
2. Bradley Wilson-Dean 5.47
3. Hans Andersen 7.05
4. Scott Nicholls 6.71
5. Chris Harris 7.02
6. Erik Riss 5.26
7. Jordan Palin R/S

Just now, Falcon1983 said:

1. Michael Palm-Toft 7.17
2. Bradley Wilson-Dean 5.47
3. Hans Andersen 7.05
4. Scott Nicholls 6.71
5. Chris Harris 7.02
6. Erik Riss 5.26
7. Jordan Palin R/S

or

Ostegaard & Basso for BWD & Riss

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

or

Ostegaard & Basso for BWD & Riss

Most likely Basso or Birkemose 

39 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Feel like Buckz would be the better choice, he won't lower his average, Ully could easily drop his average to what Buckz is starting on.

Think most of our riders will see an average drop due the starting GSA's being based around a rider scoring double figures at reserve in a number of meetings.

I think this is a realistic target range for the following three riders

Lowest estimate to highest estimate.

Ully 5.50 - 6.00

Hans 6.00 - 6.50

Bomber (If back) 6.25 - 6.75

Found it so hard to concentrate at work. 

Can't wait for 8:30, so nervous. Reminds me of when I was a young kid and I was getting ready for my first date.

Dad's Army plus one then. 

Rob hopefully has pulled a rabbit out that at 6