British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

To All the Panthers....

BEN BASSO.......u lucky sods! :D

Enjoy the entertainment and points! :party:

Hope ur merchandise supplier can get hold of Basso's trademark cowboy hats, Basso on the Gasso as loads of horse power!

11 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

To All the Panthers....

BEN BASSO.......u lucky sods! :D

Enjoy the entertainment and points! :party:

Hope ur merchandise supplier can get hold of Basso's trademark cowboy hats, Basso on the Gasso as loads of horse power!

What’s with the love in with Basso? You watched him more than I, that I will Concede, but from afar it seemed he was as likely to stuff his bike in the fence as win a race? Again without watching him and just looking at his scores, he had a few really good meetings, and quite a few absolutely sh!te ones. Am I wrong?

22 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

What’s with the love in with Basso? You watched him more than I, that I will Concede, but from afar it seemed he was as likely to stuff his bike in the fence as win a race? Again without watching him and just looking at his scores, he had a few really good meetings, and quite a few absolutely sh!te ones. Am I wrong?

He is a bit raw and young, he will settle down as he gets older, just like  Nicholls etc did

Edited by Arthur54

21 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

U are extremely wrong. Makes his debut at Redcar, last first time out but on the pace....2nd time out and he wins the race by nearly a staright in wot turned out to be the fastest time of the night.

Enuff said really! 

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

U are extremely wrong. Makes his debut at Redcar, last first time out but on the pace....2nd time out and he wins the race by nearly a staright in wot turned out to be the fastest time of the night.

Enuff said really! 

What was his average for the meetings he did at Poole out of interest?

39 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

What was his average for the meetings he did at Poole out of interest?

5.71 exc bonus from 15 meetings.

Edited by arnieg

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

5.71 exc bonus from 15 meetings.

Hmmmm was expecting more tbf

Saw him a couple of times and couldnt see what the fuss was about to be honest

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

Hmmmm was expecting more tbf

Don't forget a lot of time he was seeing tracks for the first time. He did a lot better when he was at reserve and his performance is better than points tally. 

Plus I saw him ride more than a couple of times and none of them were at Scunthorpe lol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

5.71 exc bonus is brilliant.

Hadn't ridden any of the tracks before plus he was riding with a top HL in King, Schlein or S. Worrall who've got years of experience.

He hasn't ridden the premier League tracks either. Panthers will need that as a minimum

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

He hasn't ridden the premier League tracks either. Panthers will need that as a minimum

Including Bonus points his average was 6.31. 

Looking at his scores away from Home he seems to adapt to tracks pretty sharply.

Ben won at least one race away from home at every track apart from Scunny when the track was a wet mess that night apparently.

I'm confident Ben will have the vast majority of 2nd strings and reserves on toast tbh. He's much better than the journey men and the rising stars imo.

4 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

5.71 exc bonus is brilliant.

Hadn't ridden any of the tracks before plus he was riding with a top HL in King, Schlein or S. Worrall who've got years of experience.

Yes, that is true we didn't really 'need' to give him extra rides apart from at Edinburgh. 

• Like 1

I'm pleased that the boys have been given a chance to defend the title, it's a good decision by the management imo.