Get yer cowboy hat!

Like that u've taken on the nickname that I created for Ben :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PirateShip said:

@BassoontheGasso

Get yer cowboy hat!

Like that u've take on the nickname that I created for Ben :t:

Anyone else read it as bassoon the gasso? 

Just me then. Oh and apologies for encouraging piratetwit chucking his inane drivel on ignore soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Just me then. Oh and apologies for encouraging piratetwit chucking his inane drivel on ignore soon.

Me too :D

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Maybe u shud affiliate yourself to a team otherwise u'll be known goingroundincirclestwit 

:D

I dunno more of my inane drivel, hey well saying Panthers going win the league is the same.

Oh well. Cup of tea and a slice of cake anyone? 

:party:

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Anyone else read it as bassoon the gasso

Me sometimes lol.

I'll have to add a couple of capital letters lol.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I read it as Bassoon and just assumed he'd misspelt Buffoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

I read it as Bassoon and just assumed he'd misspelt Buffoon.

Inane drivel me thinks! :rofl:

If the team are happy to be called "Dads Army" again for 2022, then surely Basso should have the nickname "Pike" due to his young age? Maybe I'll get the missus to knit him a scarf!

Dad's Army 2.0

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

If the team are happy to be called "Dads Army" again for 2022, then surely Basso should have the nickname "Pike" due to his young age? Maybe I'll get the missus to knit him a scarf!

Palin is Pike.

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Given the age of most of the competitors in ALL teams now, I am not sure whether the average age of them all put together is now much different from that of the crowd's....:D

Take away the RS's and most teams are made up of riders who have been around a fair old time...

Given so few riders represent so many clubs, "Dads Army" teams may become the norm, with the odd "Chelsea Pensioner" one thrown in now and again too!!..;)

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

Given the age of most of the competitors in ALL teams now, I am not sure whether the average age of them all put together is now much different from that of the crowd's....:D

Take away the RS's and most teams are made up of riders who have been around a fair old time...

Given so few riders represent so many clubs, "Dads Army" teams may become the norm, with the odd "Chelsea Pensioner" one thrown in now and again too!!..;)

But unless Crump or Iversen resurface anywhere they will still have the four oldest riders in the league by some margin.

But you are right about the general ageing of teams.

Scot, Bomber & Hans, in their prime were all a class above most of the modern day riders, and still are capable of more than just holding their own, so Peterborough should have another good year. Perhaps they may find it harder without the advantage of the flexibility of R/R or guest at No 1.

Not having a go at Peterborough, but R/R or Guest facility for an injured rider, should be limited in time, not all season long, they should have to sign a new rider, but when the injured rider is fit again they can be brought back into the team.