British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

3 hours ago, chrismorton said:

There's no way I would break this team up to fit Iversen in...spent force.

I agree.

NKI seems to get injured far too often these days.

14 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

If this team is possible under the new points limit .In my opinion i can't see them being the power house they were this season without a very high scoring reserve in every meeting.

I fully agree tbh.

However I would still go with the team I mentioned as I feel it's only fair to the riders who won the title to give them the opportunity to defend it.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Is Ostergaard still the only asset that Peterborough have ? ,  who owns Nicholls, Harris registrations ,is Palm Toft still a Scunthorpe asset

Maybe Ostergaard will be included over someone whose registration requires a loan fee

Ostergaard will be in regardless imo as he eats, sleeps and breathes Peterborough Speedway.

Don't get riders like him these days who care so much about the employer and everyone associated to the club.

Good news.

I looked up on the Palin situation and he's a Scunthorpe asset so fingers crossed we can get him back.

MPT, Hans, Ostergaard, Harris, Nicholls, Palin & Jack Thomas will do just nicely........Thank you Buster :D

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

If this team is possible under the new points limit .In my opinion i can't see them being the power house they were this season without a very high scoring reserve in every meeting.

This years team was written off by pretty much everyone early doors, it didn’t stop them winning the league.

• Like 2

Looks like people will make the same mistakes again if they write Panthers off 

18 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

This years team was written off by pretty much everyone early doors, it didn’t stop them winning the league.

I am not talking of this years team the manager nailed it with his team choices and his tactical use of a high scoring reserve they well deserved to be champions. I am talking about keeping the same team( as mentioned by some Panthers fans} bar Pedersen and replacing him with a rising star {which seem the way its going } for next season.

Without an experienced high scoring  reserve next years team {as stated above{ in my opinion will not be anywhere near as powerful as this years.

Not mentioning how effective an high scoring reserve through the whole season was. Lets just look at the 4 play off meetings for an example The high scoring reserves scored 46 points over the 4 meetings 9 of these points were from tactically replacing rising star rider Palin with said riders and if i am right were only used once as a R/R which resulted in a pointless ride. Which again in my opinion won you the league and  play offs.

So this explains my thinking as to why next years proposed team will be nowhere near as good as this years.

Edited by B.V 72

To be fair lads B.V 72 does make a good point.

Replacing a reserve who'll score 10+ a meeting for another rising star really is a game changer.

As I said earlier though I would bring all 6 back from this year purely because I think it's only fair the same riders get the chance to defend the title they won.

If Peterborough were to pick up another RS in the mould of say Tom Brennan its possible they could still have roughly the same top 5 plus Palin and a high scoring reserve again 

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough were to pick up another RS in the mould of say Tom Brennan its possible they could still have roughly the same top 5 plus Palin and a high scoring reserve again 

If it's two rising stars then I would think teams would keep the same rising star they used this season tbh.

But yes I do agree with your point.

17 hours ago, Flappy said:

Looks like people will make the same mistakes again if they write Panthers off 

Yes and Kings Lynn :lol:

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, scoobydoo said:

Is Ostergaard still the only asset that Peterborough have ? ,  who owns Nicholls, Harris registrations ,is Palm Toft still a Scunthorpe asset

Maybe Ostergaard will be included over someone whose registration requires a loan fee

It makes no difference who holds a registration riders will ride where they want. They are self employed & their seasonal contact expires at the end of October unless they signed a multi year deal.

The registration system only still exists as the promotors keep it going as goodwill, if it were ever tested in a court of law it wouldn't survive.

The thing the Panthers need to be a little careful of next season, is a few of their riders have slightly over inflated averages having had a high scoring stint at reserve. 

Get the second RS rider right though, and you will start off with a decent team,,, but maybe a team that won't have much as much improvement in it as others. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It makes no difference who holds a registration riders will ride where they want. They are self employed & their seasonal contact expires at the end of October unless they signed a multi year deal.

The registration system only still exists as the promotors keep it going as goodwill, if it were ever tested in a court of law it wouldn't survive.

Im aware they ride were they want but my point was that Ostergaard would have an advantage over the other members of Dads Army due to Peterborough holding his registration if they do that is, including him over Andersen for example means no loan fee paid to Poole

13 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Im aware they ride were they want but my point was that Ostergaard would have an advantage over the other members of Dads Army due to Peterborough holding his registration if they do that is, including him over Andersen for example means no loan fee paid to Poole

In the context of overall seasonal budgets, loan fees are a minor expenditure and unlikely to influence a signing decision.

13 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

This has been stated many times over - yet nobody has ever tested it!!  I wonder why?..........