British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

On 3/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

So very sorry to hear about this Mimmo. If I was in the area, I'd love to be able to drop you off at the front door of the stadium a couple times a year, just so you can enjoy your meetings at Peterborough again. It's a track I've never visited

RIP to your wife

• Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Flappy said:

See that's not true. I was excited about last season. 

We shouldn't have signed Ostergaard and subsequently signed a stronger reserve and we would've challenged to retain the title for me.

Which two riders would you have signed then? As Belle Vue have shown, there's not a lot of options out there!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Panthers number 8 out scored their 1 and 4 put together tonight at Plymouth

At least Hans scored some points tonight , MPT is a weird one 

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Panthers number 8 out scored their 1 and 4 put together tonight at Plymouth

Edited by scoobydoo

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

At least Hans scored some points tonight , MPT is a weird one 

Tbf to MPT he did say that the bike he has for Plymouth went in for a service and something was found to be cracked on it so couldn't use it. Hans said the bike he was using was too strong for the Plymouth track. 

Both of them have chosen the complete opposite as home tracks 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf to MPT he did say that the bike he has for Plymouth went in for a service and something was found to be cracked on it so couldn't use it. Hans said the bike he was using was too strong for the Plymouth track. 

Hans should swap it with his Peterborough bike then because that didn't seem strong at all. 

• Like 1

Harris guest for Plymouth tonight

Harris 

MPT

Andersen

Gilkes

19 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris guest for Plymouth tonight

Harris 

MPT

Andersen

Gilkes

Have they labelled it Clash of the Champions again as its another version of the Peterborough select team that went there last Wednesday 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Have they labelled it Clash of the Champions again as its another version of the Peterborough select team that went there last Wednesday 

Harris is in fine form, MPT is a far better rider for Panthers than anywhere else and Andersen has started very slowly

38 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris is in fine form, MPT is a far better rider for Panthers than anywhere else and Andersen has started very slowly

Wonder if this season might be Hans last especially in the UK ,he just seems to be going down the slippery Crump slope , hes not started the season well for either club he's riding for so far .

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wonder if this season might be Hans last especially in the UK ,he just seems to be going down the slippery Crump slope , hes not started the season well for either club he's riding for so far .

That crash at Belle Vue in the final may have been one too many 

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

That crash at Belle Vue in the final may have been one too many 

Nah, Hans will be back, not to his best because those days are long gone, he has had many worse crashes than the one at Belle Vue but it takes time to get your confidence back and the older you are the more time it takes. Ulrich maybe might take a while too. You have to be patient, it's early in the season. 

• Like 2

I hope so, Andersen more than Ostergaard is a Peterborough legend and performed at the top level.

46 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I hope so, Andersen more than Ostergaard is a Peterborough legend and performed at the top level.

Hans is a Pirate legend too and personally have always liked him, he got some stick after 2004 world cup but  Sweden would have won anyway in my opinion, still the best meeting I have ever seen at Wimborne Road, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives everything.