British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Bit ironic when you have less teams!! Bates wants 8 next season and 10 the season after. Not sure he is gonna get that tbh.

Indeed less teams and six is too few but on paper at least the Prem looks far more competitive than the Champs thos year, big gulf between the top and bottom and you could guess four or five Play Off teams right now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed less teams and six is too few but on paper at least the Prem looks far more competitive than the Champs thos year, big gulf between the top and bottom and you could guess four or five Play Off teams right now. 

Really? Pretty much between Sheffield and Peterborough and outside chance for Wolves. I'd say Champ more competitive, Brum didn't do too bad last night. Only lost by 10 away, so win first home meeting and get confidence going. So that leaves Newcastle, who I have a lot of sympathy for. I think there will be a big battle for 5th/6th between Plymouth, Oxford, Edinburgh and Berwick.

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Really? Pretty much between Sheffield and Peterborough and outside chance for Wolves. I'd say Champ more competitive, Brum didn't do too bad last night. Only lost by 10 away, so win first home meeting and get confidence going. So that leaves Newcastle, who I have a lot of sympathy for. I think there will be a big battle for 5th/6th between Plymouth, Oxford, Edinburgh and Berwick.

Yes those last couple of spots should be keenly contested but there are going to be some massive home wins. I'd say BV once Zagar comes in, Ipswich with Doyle and Lynn with a strong reserve could all end up in the final against Sheffield if things go their way, it's very open.

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Agree "ideally" but were will the 21 extra riders come from?

I've heard from only one or two people but there is interest from a third party to get involved in british speedway that will help attract some riders back but the BSPL are not keen as this stage 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Massive split in team strengths  this season in championship which shows in most of the results so far 

Theres really now just a few meetings to decide the championship winners

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes those last couple of spots should be keenly contested but there are going to be some massive home wins. I'd say BV once Zagar comes in, Ipswich with Doyle and Lynn with a strong reserve could all end up in the final against Sheffield if things go their way, it's very open.

Depends if KL sort out no1 issue? Ipswich need more than JD!! BV never do as well as they should, will see though! 

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Massive split in team strengths  this season in championship which shows in most of the results so far 

Theres really now just a few meetings to decide the championship winners

Do me a favour! Let us know who gonna win then, we may as well call the season now! :rolleyes::blink:

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Do me a favour! Let us know who gonna win then, we may as well call the season now! :rolleyes::blink:

Poole, Glasgow, Redcar or Leicester.....the others just making up the numbers essentially.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Really? Pretty much between Sheffield and Peterborough and outside chance for Wolves. 

Do me a favour !!!  and tell me who will win the premiership then 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends if KL sort out no1 issue? Ipswich need more than JD!! BV never do as well as they should, will see though! 

Of course Ipswich do but in Doyle they have the leagues best rider which is a great starting point, if others click they could be decent. If PK actually comes and averages seven ish I think we'll be very competitive.

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Do me a favour !!!  and tell me who will win the premiership then 

Sheffield. Your turn..

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Of course Ipswich do but in Doyle they have the leagues best rider which is a great starting point, if others click they could be decent. If PK actually comes and averages seven ish I think we'll be very competitive.

That's a big if! Is there another back up plan if that doesn't happen? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's a big if! Is there another back up plan if that doesn't happen? 

No idea.

I'm unsure why people think he won't come really, time will tell I guess. 

Hard to see who would replace him if he's not available. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No idea.

I'm unsure why people think he won't come really, time will tell I guess. 

Hard to see who would replace him if he's not available. 

Just listened to SGB podcast the other day and Brady didn't sound too sure about it..? Esp when PK saying different things about his fitness? I like PK so hope he comes back over! :t: