British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Just listened to SGB podcast the other day and Brady didn't sound too sure about it..? Esp when PK saying different things about his fitness? I like PK so hope he comes back over! :t:

I heard the podcast too.Doesn't sound too convincing that Kildemamd will come.He is telling Brady he isn't fit when he clearly is.

• Like 1

He was complaining last week that he didn't get selected for Gniezno (sp?) so must be fit to a degree? Not in their line up for today either.

Dread to think who we'll end up with if he doesn't appear and Puk disappears. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Not sure there’s many (if any) reliable heatleaders around. Belle Vue have struggled all winter to find one. 

This is where this new rule of not being able to make changes until 25% of league fixtures have been completed doesn’t work. If Lynn can only find a 5 pointer, are they supposed to struggle for a quarter of the season before they can make more changes? If PK doesn’t come, then Lynn might need to make a couple of changes to remain competitive. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He was complaining last week that he didn't get selected for Gniezno (sp?) so must be fit to a degree? Not in their line up for today either.

Jake Allen or Simon Lambert

Edited by Flappy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Danish SGP and SEC qualifier 14th April

Kildemand seemed to do well in a decent field last Thursday.  More details in the International section of this forum.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, enotian said:

Danish SGP and SEC qualifier 14th April

Kildemand seemed to do well in a decent field last Thursday.  More details in the International section of this forum.

But what is ‘seemed to do well’ ? It is his home track and used to thump the oppo there. So he is either not fully fit or no longer the rider he was

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But what is ‘seemed to do well’ ? It is his home track and used to thump the oppo there. So he is either not fully fit or no longer the rider he was

I'd say 10 points and finishing in the top 5 in that meeting is fit enough to score points at PL level.

He's not been the rider he was for a number of seasons now but could still do a job in the PL. Not a top man but on a par with the majority of PL heat leaders I'd expect.

Point is he can throw his leg over a bike and score points in what appears to have been a decent standard field.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enotian said:

I'd say 10 points and finishing in the top 5 in that meeting is fit enough to score points at PL level.

He's not been the rider he was for a number of seasons now but could still do a job in the PL. Not a top man but on a par with the majority of PL heat leaders I'd expect.

Point is he can throw his leg over a bike and score points in what appears to have been a decent standard field.

Probably so, but with speedway on another track the cards would be shuffled differently. This was the track he knows best

I always remember when he was a rising star that he used to be great at Fjelsted and very average elsewhere. Is he returning to those days again

Edited by iris123

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Probably so, but with speedway on another track the cards would be shuffled differently. This was the track he knows best

I always remember when he was a rising star that he used to be great at Fjelsted and very average elsewhere. Is he returning to those days again

well my crystal ball is at the dry cleaners right now so I'm going to struggle to answer that one.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, enotian said:

well my crystal ball is at the dry cleaners right now so I'm going to struggle to answer that one.

It was more a question I was asking myself. I know it was too difficult for you :D

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Starts today in Poland..

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:43 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Not sure there’s many (if any) reliable heatleaders around. Belle Vue have struggled all winter to find one. 

This is where this new rule of not being able to make changes until 25% of league fixtures have been completed doesn’t work. If Lynn can only find a 5 pointer, are they supposed to struggle for a quarter of the season before they can make more changes? If PK doesn’t come, then Lynn might need to make a couple of changes to remain competitive

But if the best to replace Iversen turns out to be signing a 5 pointer, how would dropping another (5.5-6.5) rider make them competitive, you've pointed out there's only 5 pointers to replace them?

The “5 pointer” was hypothetical and a loose example. I think you know what I was getting at. The basic point remains, they should be allowed to make more than one change if they can’t find an adequate replacement, and they feel a couple of changes would get the overall team strength closer to the strength they originally declared. I accept it’s more tricky for Lynn than others because of the way they’ve built their side with a strong reserve already at the bottom end of the team. 

Just a heads up to any Panthers fan making arrangements to visit Sheffield on the 5th May by swapping work shifts planning lifts etc. Now the league one play off dates have been announced, if Sheff We’d finish 6th in league one they would be at home on the 5th May which would undoubtedly lead to the postponement of the Panthers fixture 

• Confused 1

Dan Gilkes in good form in the championship.  Must be worth a call up soon with Palin struggling and running R/R for MPT