British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Gilkes looks more suited to the size of tracks at Ipswich or Wolverhampton there 2 tracks that Palin doesn't seem comfortable on .

Palin struggling again tonight. Dan Gilkes on fire again.

The club has to be ruthless and give Dan Gilkes a start over Jordan Palin vs. Belle Vue.

EDIT

Dan's just had a bad crash in Heat 14 so he won't be fit enough to take Palin's place.

Edited by TTT

Palin would of rode against Belle Vue anyway,   but its a suspected broken arm for Dan Gilkes 

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Palin would of rode against Belle Vue anyway,   but its a suspected broken arm for Dan Gilkes 

Not good for the lad who had found some good form.

Palin on the other hand is really struggling at the moment. 

Edited by Flappy

43 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Not good for the lad who had found some good form.

Palin on the other hand is really struggling at the moment. 

Doesn't matter too much as long as Basso is available.

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Doesn't matter too much as long as Basso is available.

From a development point of view he appears to be short on confidence and power. 

From a team point of view he was scoring good points come the end of last season, let's hope he kicks on again and doesn't stagnate

Tough week ahead for the Panthers away at Belle Vue & Sheffield  , cant carry any passengers in either meeting if they want to return with some points 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

From a development point of view he appears to be short on confidence and power. 

From a team point of view he was scoring good points come the end of last season, let's hope he kicks on again and doesn't stagnate

The danger of riding big, fast, wide tracks all the time, as your home circuits, is that it can lull you into a false sense of security..

The top prizes get played out on several smaller circuits too so riders do need to be more than one dimensional.. 

I would suggest that when you are into your third year of regular racing, those who move on to "the top level" tend to be third HL level in the 2nd Div and holding down a 2nd string spot in the 1st..

With the next three years moving them up to top two in their Div 1 team and a No1 in Div 2...

Not many do like Doyle and spend several years "very average" then suddenly become genuinely "World Class"..

Riders like Brennan are definitely on that gradual glide path that so many who reach the very top seem to have taken..

Palin rides Belle vue very well 8 and 5 and 3 bonus points on his last 2 visits worry's me a little.

Well…… that was pathetic ! Yea we had a fair few mechanical issues but we were no where near off the gate. Basso said he tried a new engine today and it was the slowest thing he’s ever ridden. He’s been flying so far so why decide to change the engine ?! I know it’s only the first meeting of the league campaign but I can’t help but feel we might be in trouble. The boys haven’t been looking great in the championship either, palin looks a shadow of the rider he was last year 

14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Well…… that was pathetic ! Yea we had a fair few mechanical issues but we were no where near off the gate. Basso said he tried a new engine today and it was the slowest thing he’s ever ridden. He’s been flying so far so why decide to change the engine ?! I know it’s only the first meeting of the league campaign but I can’t help but feel we might be in trouble. The boys haven’t been looking great in the championship either, palin looks a shadow of the rider he was last year 

I'm worried too. Think we're set for a very long season this year unless the management want to be ruthless with a couple of team changes.

Anyone know if Krzysztof Buczkowski is still looking for a ride in the UK? Would fit in a straight swap.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Anyone know if Krzysztof Buczkowski is still looking for a ride in the UK? Would fit in a straight swap.

Do I need to put up the don't panic video again!! Plus you have to wait the 25%. You are not BV you know lol. 

• Haha 1

Hans saying he struggling to breathe tonight as still suffering from his crash at Scunthorpe where he got rib injury. So maybe why he struggled a bit at BV? 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:28 PM, TTT said:

I'm worried too. Think we're set for a very long season this year unless the management want to be ruthless with a couple of team changes.

Or, a very short one :)