British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

For me we have to be careful here.  I see the dogs starting to come out for Buster and the track, it has a feel of just because we're losing we look for a scapegoat like king's Lynn did last year.

This management and team defied all the odds last season when they should've been nowhere near in reality, in hindsight they should've gone out on a high but fancied another shot at it which is proving the wrong call.  

Last season should never be forgotten as it was so special.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Kildemand ended up in the team as soon as he's fit, Klindt is also available.

Is Klindt available? He was riding for Rybnik in Poland at the weekend if you follow him on twitter. 

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

Good too see Hans doing abit better at home last night, tho we are struggling far too much, I understand why they did but having ulrich on a 7 average in my opinion is just a no no. First thing they’ve got too do is sort the track out, as at the moment it’s nothing short of sh*te…. No outside racing line or anything, gate and go is boring. I don’t know who or what if it’s buster that’s obsessed with fast times, I for which couldn’t care about times I’d rather see a race 2/3 seconds slower with passing. I feel if we have another couple of meetings like this then there has too be changes. Palin looks way way out of his depth and I can’t work out why he’s struggling so much 

In hindsight we shouldn't have declared our 1-7 and just signed Ulrich & Hans on a temporary basis until somebody better come along.  

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

For me we have to be careful here.  I see the dogs starting to come out for Buster and the track, it has a feel of just because we're losing we look for a scapegoat like king's Lynn did last year.

This management and team defied all the odds last season when they should've been nowhere near in reality, in hindsight they should've gone out on a high but fancied another shot at it which is proving the wrong call.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Kildemand ended up in the team as soon as he's fit, Klindt is also available.

You are right, no denying the fact of just how special last season was for us and achieving what we did but that begs the question how can something so virtually the same be miles apart from where we were last season. Everyone seems too be struggling more and more which is gutting too see. Kildemand In my opinion is prone too injury too often  

8 minutes ago, Noodles said:

In hindsight we shouldn't have declared our 1-7 and just signed Ulrich & Hans on a temporary basis until somebody better come along.  

Or don't sign Ulrich on that average.  They were loyal and there's not enough of it these days but there's loyal and there's almighty gambles 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is Klindt available? He was riding for Rybnik in Poland at the weekend if you follow him on twitter. 

You don`t need to follow him on Twitter to know he signed for Rybnik- here on the 26th April it was posted by someone in the know :D

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Or don't sign Ulrich on that average.  They were loyal and there's not enough of it these days but there's loyal and there's almighty gambles 

For me that was always gunna be the biggest gamble, and I was always skeptical 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

May as well keep our 1-7 than sign Kildemand tbh. Way too injury prone and we'll probably end up needing guests or R/R to cover for him after 2 weeks.

I just think P'boro are suffering from one or two riders having not really got going this year yet, Palin and Nicholls in particular. Their success last year was based on everyone contributing, at the end of the day it's about peaking in Sept/Oct so I wouldn't be panicking yet......that said a change or two when permitted may kick start the season.

25 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You don`t need to follow him on Twitter to know he signed for Rybnik- here on the 26th April it was posted by someone in the know :D

:D:t:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I just think P'boro are suffering from one or two riders having not really got going this year yet, Palin and Nicholls in particular. Their success last year was based on everyone contributing, at the end of the day it's about peaking in Sept/Oct so I wouldn't be panicking yet......that said a change or two when permitted may kick start the season.

Next match isnt until 30th at Lynn then the so called 25% lge meeting is against Wolves, so any change to the team weather permitting cant happen until at least June 6th , then theres the decision of changing a rider like for like based on there season starting average or if the teams combined average allows a higher averaged rider to be introduced, Palin i feel is pretty safe as theres no immediate RS to replace him especially with Gilkes injury now , then theres the fact that if the team produces better results against Lynn and Wolves in those meetings they might get reprieves  big big decisions ahead for Panthers

Edited by scoobydoo

You can't blame the track..as we are just as poor away...we've lost 5 on the spin at 3 different tracks.

38 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

You can't blame the track..as we are just as poor away...we've lost 5 on the spin at 3 different tracks.

We were/are poor but a decent home track with some advantage would benefit abit of confidence for the team

5 hours ago, Redpanther said:

You are right, no denying the fact of just how special last season was for us and achieving what we did but that begs the question how can something so virtually the same be miles apart from where we were last season. Everyone seems too be struggling more and more which is gutting too see. Kildemand In my opinion is prone too injury too often  

because others have built their team with a strong reserve as well this year

Buster Chapman should cop the lot imo. Yes our team has lost a step and I'll admit that but fancy turning our place into a gaters paradise when one of our Heat Leaders is Chris Harris.

Common knowledge Bomber is a terrible gater but he makes up the ground 9 times out of 10 by sticking his bike into the dirt out wide to pull off stunning passes and race wins.

Basically neutralising one of our key riders before the meeting has started and that only benefits Belle Vue.

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Buster Chapman should cop the lot imo. Yes our team has lost a step and I'll admit that but fancy turning our place into a gaters paradise when one of our Heat Leaders is Chris Harris.

Common knowledge Bomber is a terrible gater but he makes up the ground 9 times out of 10 by sticking his bike into the dirt out wide to pull off stunning passes and race wins.

Basically neutralising one of our key riders before the meeting has started and that only benefits Belle Vue.

I thought it was grippy on the inside last year which suited MPT, Scotty, Hans etc

• Like 1