British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Rob or whoever is involved with team building showed great loyalty to the fantastic job the riders did for you last season. While others tried to strengthen. Add the fact that your already aging team were are a year older, are all factors to varying degrees.

Your only 3 league meetings in, so  very early days, and i'm sure some riders will pick up,  but the drop off is big so far. Your top 5 riders are 10 points down between them  on their starting aves so far. From Ully down 3.09 on his starting ave to MPT at - 0.77. 

Oh I completely agree they deserved the opportunity for sure, but ulrich for me was the biggest gamble. And for whatever reason palin so far (bar benfund) has looked way way way out of his depth and I thought he’d really kick on but for whatever reason hasn’t 

Quite simple really...Ulrich, Hans and Palin are not performing for us and the others are doing bang average.

16 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Quite simple really...Ulrich, Hans and Palin are not performing for us and the others are doing bang average.

It's not just them  3. Not at this very early stage anyway. Starting averages v 3 meeting League ave so far.

MPT  7.17 ...... 6.40

Hans 7.05 ...... 4.64

Bomber  6.84 .....5.14

Ully 7.09 ..... 4.00

Scotty 6.54 .....4.36

Ben 4.00 ...... 4.75

Palin 3.00 ..... 0.80

Ben is up on his assessed, and MPT looks bang average( he will do his average imho). The rest not even close to bang average yet.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's not just them  3. Not at this very early stage anyway. Starting averages v 3 meeting League ave so far.

MPT  7.17 ...... 6.40

Hans 7.05 ...... 4.64

Bomber  6.84 .....5.14

Ully 7.09 ..... 4.00

Scotty 6.54 .....4.36

Ben 4.00 ...... 4.75

Palin 3.00 ..... 0.80

Ben is up on his assessed, and MPT looks bang average( he will do his average imho). The rest not even close to bang average yet.

For me Ostergaard needs to go before his average changes 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

Has too be done, but let’s face it, I can’t see that happening one bit. He’s been a good servant over the years don’t get me wrong but this club legend tag…. Is he tho? Hans certainly is winning two league titles, I know ulrich was in the team in 2006 aswell but obviously not on the same level as Hans. Like I say deserved his chance but isn’t cutting it by a long stretch, should be the first too go 

13 hours ago, Flappy said:

Its going to be hard to judge if its better to make changes based on a riders present average or on all there possible lower figures when the new averages come in ,maybe the dates will determine the path they take.

Ipswich struggled to find a rider up to 7.06 and Ulrich's average is roughly the same figure so expect Peterborough would struggle also as there budget is no doubt lower than Ipswich's 

Edited by scoobydoo

11 hours ago, Redpanther said:

Has too be done, but let’s face it, I can’t see that happening one bit. He’s been a good servant over the years don’t get me wrong but this club legend tag…. Is he tho? Hans certainly is winning two league titles, I know ulrich was in the team in 2006 aswell but obviously not on the same level as Hans. Like I say deserved his chance but isn’t cutting it by a long stretch, should be the first too go 

It's like all of those sort of awards. They are usually well deserved and correct initially, and probably for a little while afterwards, but the longer it goes on the talent pool often diminishes somewhat and the bar is lowered. Ostrich is worthy of some sort of recognition but is he up there with our former club & world stars? Nowhere near. Probably it's the tag that's wrong and should be renamed around club service in some way?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Flappy said:

Ullys rolling ave is at 6.62 from 7.09 Not in effect yet, and  it will change before it is, as i believe you need to do 3 home and 3 away meetings before your new rolling averages come into effect. 

Is Kildemand fit yet? He did sign for Lynn after all 

I doubt hes fit yet. From his Facebook 25th April.

1926447060_279001472_538887460935088_8887329089173448706_nkiller.thumb.jpg.52f601023076cd77c48098aa819c0995.jpg

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt hes fit yet. From his Facebook 25th April.

1926447060_279001472_538887460935088_8887329089173448706_nkiller.thumb.jpg.52f601023076cd77c48098aa819c0995.jpg

Ouch 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Is Kildemand fit yet? He did sign for Lynn after all 

Wouldn't improve our team tbh. The Danish Miedzinski imo.

Krzysztof Buczkowski & Andreas Lyager could be available. Think both are only riding in two leagues and they're allowed to do 3 leagues as they're not riding in the Ekstraliga.

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Ullys rolling ave is at 6.62 from 7.09 Not in effect yet, and  it will change before it is, as i believe you need to do 3 home and 3 away meetings before your new rolling averages come into effect. 

The 3 home & 3 away rule is only used for assessed averages (Basso), riders with rolling aves would get a new ave even if they only rode 1 match.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

The 3 home & 3 away rule is only used for assessed averages (Basso), riders with rolling aves would get a new ave even if they only rode 1 match.

Thanks. I thought i read it somewhere:t: