Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

From Jordan Palin on Facebook

Following the announcement by the management at Peterborough Panther’s I would like to confirm that I understand the decision and support the long term objectives of the Club.

I have worked extremely hard over the winter to ensure all my equipment was ready for the new season and have been proactive in the development and progression of my career. It was and still is vital that my equipment is at the cutting edge of what is available. As with any development it can take time to fine tune, however my recent scores in the Championship and Poland have shown that my objectives for the development of the chassis and engine’s have now started to deliver against my high expectations for my own development.

When I was made aware by the management of their decision I had to respect it and focus on the opportunities I had in Poland. The decision allowed me to book travel to enable me to attend the practice sessions with the coaching staff at Torun and that has enabled me to deliver in the very competitive U24 matches the following day. The help and guidance has also reflected in my contribution to the Team GB U23 performance.

Whilst I remain a Peterborough Panthers squad member I will always give to the best of my ability, as I do with any club that I am lucky enough to represent. I wish Jordan the best of luck with his opportunity and can assure every one who knows me that I will continue to strive to deliver above expectation.

With him mentioning his equipment maybe this has been the source of this decision 

That's a bit of an over the top statement just for being dropped for one match!..it's one of the other 3 that need shaking up. Awful season so far which is so far away from the success of last season. This is where managers need to manage and earn their money.

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

That's a bit of an over the top statement just for being dropped for one match!..it's one of the other 3 that need shaking up. Awful season so far which is so far away from the success of last season. This is where managers need to manage and earn their money.

Ostergaard also needs to go but replace him with who?

16 hours ago, chrismorton said:

One Match?????????

• Haha 1

Looking at the averages from June 1st Peterborough i believe could for example replace Ulrich Ostergaard with another rider upto an 8.26 average after the 25% rule kicks in

But now reading the Stars v Panthers match review on Peterborough website no changes to the team are being planned soon if at all 

Edited by scoobydoo

On 5/27/2022 at 1:13 PM, IronScorpion said:

Ostergaard, Harris & Andersen were no 7's last year.

Not forgetting Pedersen who got paid 39 in 3 play-off fixtures riding at 6.

• Like 1

Shambolic.

I would get rid of Nicholls, Hans and Ulrich.

Bring in Bjerre, Buczkowski and one other.

Edited by BassoRacingFan
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Even though Hans has just had his best match of the season?

Nicholls and Ostergaard are on high averages and are really struggling. Replacing them is the issue lot's of 4/5 pointers but not many 6,7,8 pointers.  

Crumpy99 on his own now that everyone else seems to be united in making a few team changes. 

46 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Even though Hans has just had his best match of the season?

I had it Ully first to go. Not much between Hans and Scotty. But after tonight, i'd probably keep Hans out of the 3.

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Shambolic.

I would get rid of Nicholls, Hans and Ulrich.

Bring in Bjerre, Buczkowski and one other.

You’d get rid of Hans after turning in a top performance at somewhere he doesn’t like…. Right makes sense, ulrich is the one that has too go, can’t see much of a different with jenkins/palin if I’m honest. Nicholls form is alarming admittedly but I’d suggest he’s possibly a few things going on outside of speedway that’s maybe having an effect

• Like 1

I thank Ulrich for everything he has done for our club and I'll never forget the good times but he's got to be the first one out of the door because it's not just the Premiership he's struggling in this season. Really struggling for Glasgow too and unfortunately he's taking up too many team building points. I'd stick with Ulrich if he was on a 5.00 average but 7+ is just too much.

With Scotty getting a promotion in the GP's when it comes to his punditry work which he's very good at by the way, I genuinely think he's going to retire at the end of the season anyway. I can easily see Scotty Nicholls joining the Eurosport team next season as well as continuing his role with Discovery for the GP's.

Jenkins the most pointless signing at Premiership level ever. We may as well give Danny Ford a ring and see if they can lend us Nathan Ablitt if that's the kind of silly changes we're going to do.

Those are the three riders that I would change, Hans has begun to show some fighting spirit in his last couple of meetings with improved performances so I'd keep him.

I was against @Flappy idea of Kildemand at first but I've now come around to it and I think he'll be an improvement on what we've got even though he does throw away points.

I'd also look at former Panthers riders Krzysztof Buczkowski & Norbi Kosciuch. Yes Kosciuch isn't a big name rider but he knows the track well enough to do a job at Home in order to rack up a couple of Home wins for us.

11 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

You’d get rid of Hans after turning in a top performance at somewhere he doesn’t like…. Right makes sense, ulrich is the one that has too go, can’t see much of a different with jenkins/palin if I’m honest. Nicholls form is alarming admittedly but I’d suggest he’s possibly a few things going on outside of speedway that’s maybe having an effect

I don't know what's going on in Scott's life, if anything at all , but his Champ Average this season is 8.21 from 11 meetings. His Prem average is 3.72 after tonight from 5 meetings.  There can't be that much difference  between the Leagues. Has his sharpness gone? Who knows, but it's not nice to see.