British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Buczkowski was always terrible away from home 

No Arlington or Purfleet these days.  And I'm sure NSS will suit him more than the old Belle Vue track.   Only Monmore is likely to vex him.

Edited by Col

33 minutes ago, Col said:

No Arlington or Purfleet these days.  And I'm sure NSS will suit him more than the old Belle Vue track.   Only Monmore is likely to vex him.

Fair comment.  Foxhall the same as Monmore for him I'd say but that's two tracks 

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Fair comment.  Foxhall the same as Monmore for him I'd say but that's two tracks 

For how entertaining he is too watch at home I’d have him in the team for that alone

29 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Foxhall nowhere near as tight as Monmore these days. Speaking to an ex Witches rider a few weeks back, compared to the old circuit Foxhall is now “very easy to get around”. Whether that’s a good thing or bad thing from an Ipswich perspective is up for debate, but it’s a fact that a large number of riders used to be beaten before they’d even got to Foxhall and some weren’t prepared to even give it a go because of how narrow and tight it was. 

On the flip side you had top riders who loved it. Nielsen and Crump used to name it as their favourite track. 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

On the flip side you had top riders who loved it. Nielsen and Crump used to name it as their favourite track. 

I think you can add Sam Ermolenko to that list.

• Like 1

Didn't Buczkowski start his British career with Reading?  Smallmead wasn't exactly a big track.

3 hours ago, Col said:

Didn't Buczkowski start his British career with Reading?  Smallmead wasn't exactly a big track.

Buczkowski and Kosciuch used to be a definite 0,0,0 at most away tracks then superb at home.

Edited by Flappy

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Buczkowski and Kosciuch used to be a definite 0,0,0 at most away tracks them superb at home.

I have only been to Wimbourne Rd twice, when on holiday in Dorest, I'm sure I saw Panthers there one year - Bjerre is the only Panther I remember that day other than those two, I'm sure the got a 5-1 over Chris Holder in his pomp that meeting.

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

It does and I believe Klindt fancies riding the UK again..

Not surprising considering his UK base!!  I bet the phoneline to Matt Ford has been red hot!

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

Buczkowski was always terrible away from home 

Agree. Better rider these days though.

He'd be our own Tobiasz Musielak on these shores imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

It was only a few seasons ago riders could ride UK, Poland, Sweden & Denmark and looks like it's going to change next year

Klindt for Ulrich changes the whole dynamic of the Panthers for me

I'd want Klindt for sure I just cant see him doing Britain on a Monday, Sweden on a Tuesday, Denmark on a Wednesday back to Britain for a Thursday before jetting off to Poland for a weekend fixture.

5 nights a week on the bike + Travelling from country to country is too much imo.

Forget klindt. Teams had there chance when he was ringing around. He won’t do Uk and Sweden. Unless obviously someone gives him a deal he can’t refuse 

• Like 1