Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Birmingham Friday 24 September 7.30 pm

5 minutes ago, MD said:

I know but GLA isnt like this through the season its only because we are so late into the year and the weather is unpredictable. Wells, Brennan and Jensen were scraping the fence looking for drive in hts 5&6 and going backwards.

It is a generalization of most teams when rain expected & not just tonight at Glasgow.

Nowak, Bailey and Cook were all great tonight. No idea what Marcin’s plans are next year, but I’d love to see him back. He’s entertaining to watch.

Track was exactly as you’d expect given last Sunday and the time of year. It’s been hard going getting meetings the last couple of months.

Enjoyed that tonight yes the track was slicker than usual but with rain threatening all night it is understandable.

Marcin Nowak wow some of his passing manoeuvres were just stunning, don’t know about him but I had my eyes shut hoping it worked.

We need everyone to click at once if we can manage that someone is going to get a doing , how we manage to get them firing at the same time is the difficult one.

Good effort by the five Brummies. Not sure I agree with Eric's warning, the replay didn't show anything unusual. I think Paco could have made the difference tonight. Good meeting though and some decent racing by both sets of riders.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deano said:

Good effort by the five Brummies. Not sure I agree with Eric's warning, the replay didn't show anything unusual. I think Paco could have made the difference tonight. Good meeting though and some decent racing by both sets of riders.

Yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with it. I actually thought it was a Glasgow ridder that would get a warning, but I couldn't really see a problem from anyone. They were all well behaved all night.

• Like 1

The last heat tonight was one of the best races I have seen all season. Twice Bomber gave Cookie a hard time in the first two heats. Chased hard in heat one . Made a start in heat 13 but Cookie got through the first two bends inside.  Heat 15 chased Cookie hard for 3 and half laps and never gave up. Dived into bend 3 moved Cookie over and won the race. Had a strategy and it worked Chris Harris is an unbelievable speedway rider and when the day comes when he retires speedway will be poorer for it. A absolute legend!

Great result, no ifs about it. When was the last time two reserves from the same team scored paid 21 from their programmed rides with Marcin adding another paid 2 from heat 15. Superb stuff. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:33 PM, Mike0310 said:

I have no alliegence to either club but if Glasgow could see there way to letting Birmingham have a point I’d be over the moon to see Scunthorpe not make the playoffs.

Sorry to disappoint Mikey baby :D

• Like 1

Congratulations you have 2 more meetings that’s all you have mind but if your honest right until the last heat I bet the old underpants were flapping,no in all seriousness your there because you deserve it and now it’s anyone’s to win and if your the best team at the end good luck to you,

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Barry The Cat said:

He’s very good with other peoples cash….well he’s **** with it actually but you just my gist! 

Amen to that…..as I know to my cost :o