8 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

£25 if you pay at the door!

Bargain!

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Plus prog!!!

Not a bargain then :rofl:

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not a bargain then :rofl:

I paid a tenner to get into Arsenal v AFC Wimbledon in the league cup last night. A decent price for what was on offer.

• Like 1

This is going to be an expensive night of speedway for what, judging by Tuesday's result in Kent, will be a foregone conclusion. The question in my mind is "are we going for a sub 1 hour 15 minutes first meeting in order to get the cubs done and out the  way before the Tesco car park curfew?  :t:  Given the way that Kent raced through their 15 heats with no grading, no watering and no interval, and sod the quality of the racing which is what we wanted to see, I guess we could do it easily!  Only difference being that judging from the past few weeks, we will get some decent races at Beaumont Park!

5 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

This is going to be an expensive night of speedway for what, judging by Tuesday's result in Kent, will be a foregone conclusion. The question in my mind is "are we going for a sub 1 hour 15 minutes first meeting in order to get the cubs done and out the  way before the Tesco car park curfew?  :t:  Given the way that Kent raced through their 15 heats with no grading, no watering and no interval, and sod the quality of the racing which is what we wanted to see, I guess we could do it easily!  Only difference being that judging from the past few weeks, we will get some decent races at Beaumont Park!

I'm game for a 75 minute meeting if the ref is........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

I'm game for a 75 minute meeting if the ref is........

I found myself at the Edinburgh Kent match recently (don't ask). There was some weather concerns but they managed a 74 minute meeting, including 4 lots of track grading! I ended up in a bar in Glasgow at 21:20 with my head spinning and that was before a pint or three.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

I found myself at the Edinburgh Kent match recently (don't ask). There was some weather concerns but they managed a 74 minute meeting, including 4 lots of track grading! I ended up in a bar in Glasgow at 21:20 with my head spinning and that was before a pint or three.

That was with both teams running r/r into the bargain!       Well done to both squads, and to the referee (a Mr McGregor, l believe)....

I only paid £20 at Newcastle for their double header vs Poole & Plymouth. 

Leicester is my local track but certainly won't be going to this double header. WTF, £25/£26 for the final regular league meeting & a NDL meeting against ermmm Kent, that's a reet big smack in the gonads for the loyal support shown by the Lions fans.

Think this one will be appearing in Rip-Off Britain! :nono:

Very very disappointed in the Lions promotion! 

• Like 3

I don't see why Lions fans should be penalised because the stadium has been silent on at least 3 race nights during the summer...

• Like 2

Not for me at that price. 

It's hardly an attractive fixture. We beat them at their place by 16 points. £25/£26 for that and a junior meeting,  who, I suspect half arnt interested in anyway. Plus £10 petrol. 

Edited by justathought
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, iainb said:

£26!

I'm out!

6 adults out too. 
the promotion needs to rethink its pricing model. Additional cost to run a NDL fixture as a double header would be recouped by £3.00 on the normal price. 
promoters clearly attempting to profiteer from regular supporters - very disappointing indeed. 

• Like 1