British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Wolves vs pboro semi final 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I can see the Wolves putting an absolute balls up of an ultra grippy track on, to negate the threat of Andersen 

Trouble with that if the home track is vastly different to their normal surface it generally affects the home team more, ie Monday at EOES v Sheffield

2 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Think the Alwalton leg might be fairly tight, actually, but only if Wolves can carry some sort of lead into the match. They only lost there by eight in the second league encounter and that was after dropping a last-heat 5-1. Their problem, ironically, may well be in trying to establish any kind of advantage from the home leg. Harris at No.2 worked like a dream in the second Monmore match and you can bet your last penny that he'll be in the same slot on Monday (I'm assuming Ostergaard still tops the averages?). If Peterborough don't have many to make up, leg two could be a long old night for Wolves. But if they could somehow dig out an unlikely 10-point home win and keep it tight away early on, then we could have an interesting tie on our hands. But, overall, you'd have to make Peterborough favourites -- not overwhelmingly, but certainly 60-40% or thereabouts. 

I think both legs will be fairly tight but Harris at 2 and Andersen at reserve should make it difficult for Wolves to pull out a big lead in the first leg if past form is anything to go by.

As for averages I think Pedersen will end up at reserve in the October GSA and it’s looking like we might have a new no 1 as well but I think Ostergaard will be at worst second in the averages so it won’t make any real difference to RR other than we could use it anywhere from 2-5. That’s TM Rob Lyon speciality and he has certainly been up to the task so far this year.

No tactical substitutes allowed in a two legged tie I believe which could make it interesting.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think both legs will be fairly tight but Harris at 2 and Andersen at reserve should make it difficult for Wolves to pull out a big lead in the first leg if past form is anything to go by.

As for averages I think Pedersen will end up at reserve in the October GSA and it’s looking like we might have a new no 1 as well but I think Ostergaard will be at worst second in the averages so it won’t make any real difference to RR other than we could use it anywhere from 2-5. That’s TM Rob Lyon speciality and he has certainly been up to the task so far this year.

No tactical substitutes allowed in a two legged tie I believe which could make it interesting.

Better hope Hans is not getting too tired from all the catch up meetings for Leicester and Peterborough in last couple of weeks!

2 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Didn't Poole win a championship with never ending RR for Boyce?

Did we? I don't remember that. Was it before '93?

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Better hope Hans is not getting too tired from all the catch up meetings for Leicester and Peterborough in last couple of weeks!

I thought that Monday then he banged a nigh on maximum last night barring a convenient EF

It does look like a close overall win for Peterborough, but think I'm right in saying all 3 championships Wolves have won since the playoffs began in 2002 (knicking it from the far superior Eastbourne team over the season ) they were 2nd in the league table on all 3 occasions. I know it's history, but Wolves do have form when it comes to the playoffs when not topping the table. 

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I can see the Wolves putting an absolute balls up of an ultra grippy track on, to negate the threat of Andersen 

Schlein will throw his toys out of the pram if they do that!   

3 minutes ago, Barry The Cat said:

Schlein will throw his toys out of the pram if they do that!   

If it's a bit wet as well he'll throw the pram!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hans likes being busy

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Hans likes being busy

He's riding in the Bjarne meeting tonight

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

No point. Different track prep only unsettles the home side. Look at all the consternation over the surface for P'boro v Sheffield.

26 minutes ago, gazzac said:

It does look like a close overall win for Peterborough, but think I'm right in saying all 3 championships Wolves have won since the playoffs began in 2002 (knicking it from the far superior Eastbourne team over the season ) they were 2nd in the league table on all 3 occasions. I know it's history, but Wolves do have form when it comes to the playoffs when not topping the table. 

And had the home leg first each time, I believe. 

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

This is a 50/50 tie, only 1 point separated the two teams in the regular season.

By that logic you'd be overwhelming favourites against Belle Vue in the final, then? No, thought not...

10 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

By that logic you'd be overwhelming favourites against Belle Vue in the final, then? No, thought not...

Yes we would. Anything that has happened before is exactly that.  Let's not forget we haven't lost at the NSS either

Even though everyone seems to make Panther's the favourites,and judging by the last couple of meetings that's probably justified,but a couple of factors could easily have reversed those two results.Nicol had a mare at Monmore scoring just the one point from the reserve position, certainly think he will improve on that next Monday.Also the meeting at the Showground,and even though Masters hates the place,his two engine failures cost Wolves at least a point,and the rest of the team thought they were really unlucky to leave empty handed.             Perhaps that was part of thinking why CVS said they would have picked Peterborough. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman