British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Thanks to all those that tuned into the stream! Aside from the slight mistake for heat 1 I think it went fairly smoothly. 

Would appreciate any feedback anyone has!

Firstly - any club that runs a stream has to be congratulated.

After heat 1 hiccup it went well. Felt it came to an abrupt end after heat 15. Maybe a quick word with the winning captain.

but well done - worth the money.

7 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Firstly - any club that runs a stream has to be congratulated.

After heat 1 hiccup it went well. Felt it came to an abrupt end after heat 15. Maybe a quick word with the winning captain.

but well done - worth the money.

We had a technical issue straight after heat 15 (I forgot to turn the laptop charger on and it died :rolleyes:) usually we would wind it down.

Looking to add pit interviews next year to help fill those tractor grades and crash breaks

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

We had a technical issue straight after heat 15 (I forgot to turn the laptop charger on and it died :rolleyes:) usually we would wind it down.

Looking to add pit interviews next year to help fill those tractor grades and crash breaks

Thanks for feedback. Best wishes to Bears in 2022.

Monarchs were excellent last night. And Josh Pickering. He is so spectacular to watch. Most  entertaining rider at STMP . Since Matty T in 2006.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Great to have a live stream to watch and aside from the technical issues it was very good. If I had to be hyper-critical I would say some of the race coverage could have been better, e.g. seemed to miss the outside of bend 4 quite a lot (Josh was disappearing out of the picture) and sometimes followed the race at the back when the front was closer and vice versa, but these things will improve the more you do it.

Glasgow have the most professional live stream (but I think they pay someone to provide it). Edinburgh's is in house and is great and has been improving - they have interviews with riders and others and they've recently added a pit camera and (most importantly) replays of the races.

• Like 1

According to the Edinburgh web site the 2nd leg is now Fri 8th Oct. No date yet for the Glasgow cup clash.

26 minutes ago, slyfox said:

According to the Edinburgh web site the 2nd leg is now Fri 8th Oct. No date yet for the Glasgow cup clash.

Weather looks very iffy on Friday. Hope they've got the Saturday booked as an alternative as it looks much drier.

Cup semi-final first leg at Glasgow on the Sunday.

35 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Great to have a live stream to watch and aside from the technical issues it was very good. If I had to be hyper-critical I would say some of the race coverage could have been better, e.g. seemed to miss the outside of bend 4 quite a lot (Josh was disappearing out of the picture) and sometimes followed the race at the back when the front was closer and vice versa, but these things will improve the more you do it.

Glasgow have the most professional live stream (but I think they pay someone to provide it). Edinburgh's is in house and is great and has been improving - they have interviews with riders and others and they've recently added a pit camera and (most importantly) replays of the races.

Would echo all of those thoughts and bearing in mind the Bears stream is still in its infancy as such they did a pretty god job of it imo.  Probably all in house streams take a bit to develop the expertise that many viewers expect having being used to TV productions and the occasional professional one.  However, like every new venture - you have to start somewhere before you can move forward.   In in the case of streaming - if you are fortunate enough have volunteers with IT/Video/Presentation skills to tap and decent equipment you are in a good place to start with.  Refinements and new ideas will clearly follow as experience builds, but perhaps most importantly you need the support of the public  ( home and away ) who are not able to attend in person.   No point in having a good stream if no one is on the other end watching .   Personally, I would much rather have the opportunity to watch a live stream than not.  If living some distance from the track it still allows the supporter to still feel engaged and also serves to add to a clubs weekly revenue, which is vitally important.   That has been clearly demonstrated by the possibility of some Club closures after 2021.   Hopefully we can look forward to many more Bears v Monarchs ( and others of course ) streams  in the future.

Finally for those dirt track enthusiasts whose season has already ended why not clock in to the Edinburgh stream for the remaining October  K.O. Cup and Play Off matches which will all be streamed live to your very own living room.   The Edinburgh team of John, Liam, Graham , Mike and all those unseen supporting heroes behind the lenses put on a great show every week ( and for NDL also when racing ).  You can always support the opposition if Blue & Yellow are not your colours !   Remember - it's a long winter and you will miss your fix after the Premiership Play Offs.   Only saying !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Thanks for the feedback, it certainly helps!

In terms of following the closer battle, it's so hard at the MPA! One heat last night there were two battles going on front and back, some distance apart!

I think Josh should be to blame for going out of shot, noone should be riding that wide and getting away with it :rofl:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Thanks to all those that tuned into the stream! Aside from the slight mistake for heat 1 I think it went fairly smoothly. 

Would appreciate any feedback anyone has!

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

My comments have pretty much all been made already - the heat 1 panic; missing Josh round bend 4; etc.

But it was great to have the different camera angles - especially the ones showing the starts. Some replay mechanism and maybe some interviews would be great additions.

Especially when the tractors are out - they really seemed to take an eternity, but the track seemed to be in great nick, despite the early benefit of starting from gate 4. One of the cameras - pointing back up to the start and the 4th bend was maybe a touch darker than the others.

The commentary team were excellent - very professional and not too home biased.

And really good value at £9.99.

Well done and good luck with future streaming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Thanks for the feedback, it certainly helps!

In terms of following the closer battle, it's so hard at the MPA! One heat last night there were two battles going on front and back, some distance apart!

I think Josh should be to blame for going out of shot, noone should be riding that wide and getting away with it :rofl:

I would hate to be a camera person trying to film wee Joshie, it’s hard enough watching him in real time

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

What did MPT have to say last night?

From what I heard, he he injured the tip of his pinkie and index finger and has no idea how that could’ve happened as the two fingers between are fine. It is very sore but he has been doing exercises and hoping to be back ASAP, maybe even tonight - made of tough stuff these speedway riders. Best wishes to Michael and hope he makes the right decision as I suspect tonight is too soon

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Have to say streaming is the way forward in the Sport .IMO.

Nothing beats being trackside but I applaud all the tracks providing streaming. It is definitely warmer on the sofa but we enjoyed our trip to Redcar yesterday (as usual).  My wee dog loved it too 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Nothing beats being trackside but I applaud all the tracks providing streaming. It is definitely warmer on the sofa but we enjoyed our trip to Redcar yesterday (as usual).  My wee dog loved it too 

Way to go Dylan!

Yaba daba Drew!

• Like 1