Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Hey Redcar fans... Enjoying palm Tofts performance tonight?

We know where his loyalties lie.

Just now, mikebaker said:

We had it with Harris, nothing more frustrating

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebaker said:

Makes a change from you having a go at Sargy, I suppose. Or just moaning generally.

I’m enjoying his performance. Genuinely think it’s just the timing of the meetings that have worked against MPT and the Bears.

He’s been a great rider for the Bears and to suggest otherwise is poor imo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Makes a change from you having a go at Sargy, I suppose. Or just moaning generally.

I’m enjoying his performance. Genuinely think it’s just the timing of the meetings that have worked against MPT and the Bears.

Never bothered his backside on Tuesday. Normally good value for money round Armadale but could tell in his riding it was a case of keep myself safe for Thursday. 

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Never bothered his backside on Tuesday. Normally good value for money round Armadale but could tell in his riding it was a case of keep myself safe for Thursday. 

Could have dropped out (with his injury) and let Ben Barker come in.

7 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Could have dropped out (with his injury) and let Ben Barker come in.

Making sure he could have rode tonight without controversy.IMO.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Making sure he could have rode tonight without controversy.IMO.

Well I’m in the “ he tried and it didn’t work out” camp. I’ll leave the conspiracy theories to everyone else.

27 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Take a look on Bears Talk. Away meeting at Kent thread. And I stand by view. Should of kept Rowe. A far better prospect than Sarjeant.

6 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Take a look on Bears Talk. Away meeting at Kent thread. And I stand by view. Should of kept Rowe. A far better prospect than Sarjeant.

I’m not sure a post that starts “ I’ve been Sarjeants biggest critic” backs up your point, but there you go.

Rowe is a good prospect but hardly set the world on fire after he left us. Promoters did what they thought was best for the team overall.

Even if MPT had been replaced by Ben Barker it would have made no difference overall, the other riders didn’t score well enough in either meeting and the Monarchs rode better.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You are probably right, but you could not, make the starts he did  tonight and prevail at Armadale. Far more difficult and stressful to ride, than Peterborough and Belle Vue. How the Bears promotion view it, maybe different. We will see how it plays out, over the close season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Or perhaps just keeping himself safe. Let's be honest Armadale is pretty poor normally but trying to race in October is a bridge too far. He showed tonight what can be achieved even with broken fingers when on a proper speedway track. 

• Like 1