British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

5 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If MPT rides on Monday, how on earth should Redcar be allowed a guest for him on Tuesday?

I'm a Panthers fan but the entire scenario stinks. 

Rode for Panthers on Thursday and not for Bears on Friday (had it happened). President set!!

6 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If MPT rides on Monday, how on earth should Redcar be allowed a guest for him on Tuesday?

Don’t think it was a gastro problem so it wouldn’t stink.

31 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Rode for Panthers on Thursday and not for Bears on Friday (had it happened). President set!!

I just can't see Michael Palm Toft being the kind of rider who would pick and choose meetings without good reason. In my limited experience of him he seems a very genuine guy. It's easy to understand how he might try to ride last Thursday, struggle, then pull out of Friday. However if he rides on Monday I would have thought he has to ride the next day or forfeit the facility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slyfox said:

Would have though it would be R/R for JS and Guest for MPT (Ben Barker fits looking at the averages). Plus Ryan Kinsley is due to ride for Kent that night. Do they get priority as their meeting was in place first. Could Redcar use a 3* rising star i.e. Leon Flint to replace Ryan who is on a 3 point average? If they could may make for an interesting night.

Jenkins is already declared as Redcar's Rising Star (2*) so Flint could  not replace Kinsley even if the NDL fixture takes priority over this match on Tuesday 

Edited by cyclone

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If that happens they should get a guest facility as MPT is "witholding his services" he then gets a 28 day ban & misses the 2nd leg of Premiership final!

1 hour ago, Al Stewart said:

I just can't see Michael Palm Toft being the kind of rider who would pick and choose meetings without good reason. In my limited experience of him he seems a very genuine guy. It's easy to understand how he might try to ride last Thursday, struggle, then pull out of Friday. However if he rides on Monday I would have thought he has to ride the next day or forfeit the facility.

Don’t agree if he can ride for Peterborough in both matches next week but not Redcar on Tuesday but CAN understand it. Maybe last chance for MPT to win a league title. But don’t think Bears should be denied R/R. Not their fault.

Award Redcar the tie and move on.

it’s the only fair solution I can think of.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Speedway needs to open it's eyes and look for additional cover

I've ran events, we had a local ambulance on site plus a private "medical car" which came with two paramedics 

The private medics would perform pre event medicals for participants and also deal with any potential injuries during the event

If an injury required a trip to hospital but without the need for assistance the athlete would be accompanied by a volunteer 

If a more serious issue occurred (thankfully it never did) the ambulance could take the athlete while the event still had medical cover

Oh and there was also a doctor on sight as well.

Having one ambulance is doing it on the cheap, hoping for minimal risk and ultimately betraying the fans when it goes wrong 

When i went to Lydd for an amateur meeting earlier in the season, they had an ambulance and a paramedic vehicle on site.

• Like 1

LEICESTER OFF.

AMBULANCE BROKE DOWN going to the meeting!

Oh my, Carry on up the Godfrey!

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

LEICESTER OFF.

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

This is better than laurel and hardy...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely,,, speedway needs to adopt a 'new normal' strategy and 'build back better'? :unsure:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

LEICESTER OFF.

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

Don't worry about it, it happens all the time. ;)

25 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

LEICESTER OFF.

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

Perhaps regretting these early call offs due to bad weather forecasts now.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

LEICESTER OFF.

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

Right, time to just get the top six to Belle Vue and settle the league in a fours event.