British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Well maybe we are bored waiting for Edinburgh and Leicester to complete meetings! When they both got rained off originally, they waited a whole week to redo it, when they could have rode on an off race night. So now they have been called off due to unforeseen circumstances, just made it a lot worse considering they could have held it midweek. 

And you know the circumstances of both clubs, their ability to stage meetings on an ‘off race night’? Do you genuinely believe Edinburgh and Leicester wanted to drag things out to the extent they have been just to be awkward? Give me a break. 

Hopefully Poole have found their venture into the second tier so unbearable that they’ll trot off back to the Premiership next season. The rest of us will survive without you. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PirateShip said:

LEICESTER OFF.

AMBULANCE BROKE DOWN going to the meeting!

Oh my, Carry on up the Godfrey!

Restaging tomorrow 4pm

What has Godfrey got to do with this ,I’m sure Rob will want the meeting out of the way and close Scunthorpe speedway for the season .

Some people are delusional 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

And you know the circumstances of both clubs, their ability to stage meetings on an ‘off race night’? Do you genuinely believe Edinburgh and Leicester wanted to drag things out to the extent they have been just to be awkward? Give me a break. 

Hopefully Poole have found their venture into the second tier so unbearable that they’ll trot off back to the Premiership next season. The rest of us will survive without you. 

Well they both obviously can ride on an off night (pretty sure all clubs have to have at least one anyway) as they are doing it next week! Should have done it last week as well.

Edited by lisa-colette

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they both obviously can ride on an off night (pretty sure all clubs have to have at least one anyway) as they are doing it next week! Should have done it last week as well.

You don’t know the circumstances so can’t comment on what teams should have done. The end. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Oh, how they don't like it up em! :rofl:

18 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Oh, how they don't like it up em! :rofl:

Nah - just can't be bothered with the whingeing from various Poole pullets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well maybe we are bored waiting for Edinburgh and Leicester to complete meetings! When they both got rained off originally, they waited a whole week to redo it, when they could have rode on an off race night. So now they have been called off due to unforeseen circumstances, just made it a lot worse considering they could have held it midweek. 

We were ready to contest play offs at first cut off date. Both Monarchs and Glasgow were left in limbo in KO cup matches until Birmingham deigned to ride us at Perry Barr in Q/F.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Seeing you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about I’ll give you some information to help. 
The club tried to run the 2nd leg of the Redcar match last Tuesday/Wednesday, however there wasn’t enough volunteers/track staff to stage it. Hence why we had to go with Friday again. Thankfully we have enough staff to cover the meeting this Tuesday.

Hope this clears it up a bit for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The funny thing is, if Poole had had their way, the Edinburgh Vs Redcar match would have been delayed even further!

MPT declared himself fit to ride for Peterborough tomorrow. If he comes through that ok ? will he than ride for Redcar on Tuesday. If he does he will need to do 5 rides as he is one of the R/R rides for James S. 

Hope he is ok, but it will mean him riding 3 times in 4 days Mon/Tues/Thurs. With 2 dodgy fingers seems a bit of an ask.

Edited by slyfox
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

The funny thing is, if Poole had had their way, the Edinburgh Vs Redcar match would have been delayed even further!

Why would Poole want it delayed even further? 

18 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I know the Tea Bar was kitted out to be the First Aid room,wasn’t used much like you say.I think I am correct in saying although we got another ambulance  but there were some difficulties about when it could leave the Stadium with injured riders therefore we reverted to using the County Ambulance again.There has not been 2 Ambulances for a number of seasons now.As for the football changing rooms that might be the case although never heard of it being used as first aid as it always seems to be conducted in the Ambulance in the Pits any time I have attended.Certainly not doubting your efforts for the Club though.

I think you are right in saying the speedway hasn't used the football first aid room for a rider (was once used for a spectator I think a few seasons ago).

I have quoted Ian Rae from facebook in the following post about your second point (if there is a county ambulance it is usually called for). The ambulance can leave the stadium if it has to but usually only as a last resort (used up at the training track in Duns sometimes). 

Ian Rae
Berwick, for a number of years now have two Ambulance’s ( one is our own, the other from a private company )and two Paramedics at every meeting.

I think Ian will know better than yourself or me? It is in speedway friends on a post from Roger Hutchins if you would like to check. You will also see this confirmed by Dennis so I would think Dennis and Ian know what they are talking about.

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Yes, they just love waiting around and have to do 6 meetings in a week! :blink:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Why would Poole want it delayed even further? 

Maybe it reverts back to league leaders.. 

Interesting to see what happens if we qualify for S/F of play offs

This Friday will it be first leg of play off. 2nd leg if Poole or return match of KO cup v Glasgow.