Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

Recommended Posts

Agree it’s the rules that are the issue and not Edinburgh’s use of them. 

Not sure either leg will survive the weather (if the forecasts are correct) but the Bears are well up against it, given the loss of MPT and Edinburgh’s recent form.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

The rules are iffy but it's not cheating ffs, get a grip. 

Well said. Remember top league play offs Woffy and Hancock getting bussed into teams at business end of seasons.

Perfectly legal yet not perhaps in the spirit of the game so to speak.

Edited by Endeavour
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules are there to manipulate. Our dorset bretheren are the masters at that particular game.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

The rules are iffy but it's not cheating ffs, get a grip. 

Berwicks's season is over so Flints 3* classification should be obsolete.  It's the play offs ffs and Edinburgh should only be allowed a rider with an average equal to or below Kemps.  This situation really boils my piss and it's no wonder Ben Duffil has had enough. It honestly feels like it's the BSPL vs Redcar. all the time.  Godfrey and his cronies really do hate The Redcar Bears.  If ever there was a reason not to travel then this is it.  Armadump is a 3.5hr drive from Teesside and although I planned to go I don't think I can be arsed to make the journey when I know the odds have been stacked against us and if I decide not to go I am damn sure I won't line the What The Forks Cheating Monarchs pockets by buying  their stream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Berwicks's season is over so Flints 3* classification should be obsolete.  It's the play offs ffs and Edinburgh should only be allowed a rider with an average equal to or below Kemps.  This situation really boils my piss and it's no wonder Ben Duffil has had enough. It honestly feels like it's the BSPL vs Redcar. all the time.  Godfrey and his cronies really do hate The Redcar Bears.  If ever there was a reason not to travel then this is it.  Armadump is a 3.5hr drive from Teesside and although I planned to go I don't think I can be arsed to make the journey when I know the odds have been stacked against us and if I decide not to go I am damn sure I won't line the What The Forks Cheating Monarchs pockets by buying  their stream

Want a tissue?  
 

quick question. Was it cheating when you used Dan Thomson who had a 6 point average with Leicester as your rising star as a guest at Newcastle earlier in the season. Or does that not count? 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Want a tissue?  
 

quick question. Was it cheating when you used Dan Thomson who had a 6 point average with Leicester as your rising star as a guest at Newcastle earlier in the season. Or does that not count? 

Touché 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was obvious Leon Flint was going to play a part in the play offs at some point . Pretty sure this occasion won't be the last time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I am praying for rain tomorrow, there is no way they should be allowed to use Flint in place of Kemp, there is a word to explain this.....CHEATING 

Drew Kemp won the U19 title last month, Leon Flint was 4th.   Both are rated as 3* --  how is using him as a guest for Kemp cheating?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berry9 said:

If ever there was a reason not to travel then this is it.  Armadump is a 3.5hr drive from Teesside and although I planned to go I don't think I can be arsed to make the journey when I know the odds have been stacked against us and if I decide not to go I am damn sure I won't line the What The Forks Cheating Monarchs pockets by buying  their stream

If you change your mind let me know as I would glady meet you at the entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Berwicks's season is over so Flints 3* classification should be obsolete.  It's the play offs ffs and Edinburgh should only be allowed a rider with an average equal to or below Kemps.  This situation really boils my piss and it's no wonder Ben Duffil has had enough. It honestly feels like it's the BSPL vs Redcar. all the time.  Godfrey and his cronies really do hate The Redcar Bears.  If ever there was a reason not to travel then this is it.  Armadump is a 3.5hr drive from Teesside and although I planned to go I don't think I can be arsed to make the journey when I know the odds have been stacked against us and if I decide not to go I am damn sure I won't line the What The Forks Cheating Monarchs pockets by buying  their stream

Also happy to see you on Sunday as I'll be driving down for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Want a tissue?  
 

quick question. Was it cheating when you used Dan Thomson who had a 6 point average with Leicester as your rising star as a guest at Newcastle earlier in the season. Or does that not count? 

As I said Berwicks season is over so Flints star classification should not undercut his average 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

As I said Berwicks season is over so Flints star classification should not undercut his average 

The 2021 season isn't over though. Even as a Bears fan myself, you're being a bit of a doyle over this.

Like mentioned previously, we have benefited from the same rule ourselves. Dan Thompson and Jordan Palin have both guested for us whilst having a bigger average than Jordan.

Flint scored well at armadale for Plymouth but he doesn't usually go too well and Kemp seems to have learned the track too so it's not a massive improvement!

Edited by Marshall07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

The 2021 season isn't over though. Even as a Bears fan myself, you're being a bit of a doyle over this.

Like mentioned previously, we have benefited from the same rule ourselves. Dan Thompson and Jordan Palin have both guested for us whilst having a bigger average than Jordan.

Flint scored well at armadale for Plymouth but he doesn't usually go too well and Kemp seems to have learned the track too so it's not a massive improvement!

OK fair point but I feel invested, it's as if the supporters don't matter remember what happened at B'ham when the BSPL ruled against Redcar?  Now MPT gets injured riding in the premiership in the week the average's  change and hey presto we can't use a guest!!  But Edinburgh can, they are kicking us when we are down and sticking g the knife in at the same time.  No doubt they will spring up on this thread if they beat a seriously depleted Bears team "Gloating" about how fantastic they performed in their rubbish stadium.  Fairness is surley not a lot to ask, what exactly is the point of the play offs if the rules allow for this situation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Berry9 said:

OK fair point but I feel invested, it's as if the supporters don't matter remember what happened at B'ham when the BSPL ruled against Redcar?  Now MPT gets injured riding in the premiership in the week the average's  change and hey presto we can't use a guest!!  But Edinburgh can, they are kicking us when we are down and sticking g the knife in at the same time.  No doubt they will spring up on this thread if they beat a seriously depleted Bears team "Gloating" about how fantastic they performed in their rubbish stadium.  Fairness is surley not a lot to ask, what exactly is the point of the play offs if the rules allow for this situation?  

The averages changing makes no difference. Tofty has been 4th in the averages all of September. The only difference in the new averages is Jake is now 3rd not Lewi.

We had to run RR most of the season with Jordy being 4th in the averages also.

It is fair. The rules have been set and abided by all season. What would be unfair is to change them now?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

The averages changing makes no difference. Tofty has been 4th in the averages all of September. The only difference in the new averages is Jake is now 3rd not Lewi.

We had to run RR most of the season with Jordy being 4th in the averages also.

It is fair. The rules have been set and abided by all season. What would be unfair is to change them now?

Easy answer. Let teams use guests (even though I hate them, and we're going to for MPT on Monday) if a rider is injured while riding for his DU team or vice versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy