Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, northyorksbear said:

Exactly - Dastardly underhand methods - you can't just use the rules to the best of your advantage - Outrageous :party:

Winners not sinners.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Edinburgh now declare Rowe fit again for Sunday. When they will have Kemp back and not Flint available at reserve (who could have taken 3 of Rowes 4 rides on Friday). I know its all within the rules but the stupid rule re rising stars is ridiculous. They should only be able to guest on their actual average not their star rating which was decided before the season started. All other riders have to use their current average when guesting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Will Edinburgh now declare Rowe fit again for Sunday. When they will have Kemp back and not Flint available at reserve (who could have taken 3 of Rowes 4 rides on Friday). I know its all within the rules but the stupid rule re rising stars is ridiculous. They should only be able to guest on their actual average not their star rating which was decided before the season started. All other riders have to use their current average when guesting. 

Tend to agree but this has been rule ALL season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Tend to agree but this has been rule ALL season.

Been wrong all season. Should change to their actual average after to 4 home 4 away qualifying meetings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Been wrong all season. Should change to their actual average after to 4 home 4 away qualifying meetings.

They obviously don’t want to do it as it will raise problems for rising star gradings  next season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

They obviously don’t want to do it as it will raise problems for rising star gradings  next season.

 

They need to review a few things on the Rising Star system. However the likes of Leon Flint cannot be a rising star with an average over 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, slyfox said:

They need to review a few things on the Rising Star system. However the likes of Leon Flint cannot be a rising star with an average over 6.

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

But does Palin & Flint's improvement have anything to do with the "rising star" system! They were picked for their teams long before it was thought up & would have improved anyway!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Berry9 said:

OK fair point but I feel invested, it's as if the supporters don't matter remember what happened at B'ham when the BSPL ruled against Redcar?  Now MPT gets injured riding in the premiership in the week the average's  change and hey presto we can't use a guest!!  But Edinburgh can, they are kicking us when we are down and sticking g the knife in at the same time.  No doubt they will spring up on this thread if they beat a seriously depleted Bears team "Gloating" about how fantastic they performed in their rubbish stadium.  Fairness is surley not a lot to ask, what exactly is the point of the play offs if the rules allow for this situation?  

Those are the rules that have been in place all year for every team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I think it's veiled threat 

It's not a threat. I'm coming down on Sunday, let's meet up and talk speedway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bororedlion said:

I think your on the wrong site ?This is a speedway forum To the best of my knowledge not a dating site for hooking up ! At least you both have a shared interest in the play offs .

You sound jealous. Also the name calling on your next post was unnecessary and childish. If it's any consolation I'm happy to meet up with you too. Assuming you actually attend meetings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But does Palin & Flint's improvement have anything to do with the "rising star" system! They were picked for their teams long before it was thought up & would have improved anyway!

Spot on. These two would always succeed, no matter what system was in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But does Palin & Flint's improvement have anything to do with the "rising star" system! They were picked for their teams long before it was thought up & would have improved anyway!

Completely right. At the other end of the thing, the RS system has forced some teams to use riders who either were not ready or who never will be, doing nothing for these guys or the teams they were in. 
Redcar fans should remember that another effect of the Rising Star system was that Edinburgh were forced to make changes they didn’t want to make which sent James Sarjeant to the Bears. 
 

I’ve got nothing good to say about the Rising Star system. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like has been said rising star waste of time,just caused more aggro within the rule book IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do the poor averages of many of the RS's prove the lack of success of the concept? :blink:

Many have gone before and done well riding in the 2nd Division without any RS moniker tagged to them..

And many have done poorly too...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy