British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like has been said rising star waste of time,just caused more aggro within the rule book IMO.

It will have saved money I would think which probably was a key for it..

It would have been cheaper surely than flying over 4 point journeymen to ride at reserve, who would then drop their average because they were not good enough, but before their averages became official, they would be replaced by another 4 point journeyman...

I mean...

I am sure it is a well thought out, structured path of development, which doesnt make the sport appear Mickey Mouse by its contrived, manipulative nature of operation...

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Have Edinburgh said when they are restaging the home tie?

Not yet however I can’t see how we fit potential fixtures into October without some Saturday meetings. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, crescent girl said:

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

It’s hardly a success don’t think you can count Leon and Jordon “finds” and having to move into top 5 if average improves ,does that not defeat the purpose of giving the riders confidence.Waste of time IMO.

Edited by Fromafar

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s hardly a success don’t think you can count Leon and Jordon “finds” and having to move into to 5 if average improves does that not defeat the purpose of giving the riders confidence.Waste of time IMO.

Doesn’t seem to be a perfect system by any stretch of the imagination but I think encouraging home grown riders is to be applauded. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s hardly a success don’t think you can count Leon and Jordon “finds” and having to move into to 5 if average improves does that not defeat the purpose of giving the riders confidence.Waste of time IMO.

Danyon Hume and Alfie Bowtell have definitely gained through the rising star programme. Both were usually cast aside every season and have come on this season to prove their worth

15 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Danyon Hume and Alfie Bowtell have definitely gained through the rising star programme. Both were usually cast aside every season and have come on this season to prove their worth

Danyon Hume is really the only rider to have gained from the "rising star" system, everyone else who has done well was picked already for 2020, including Bowtell!

RS system has worked better in the Prem in my view, giving rides to Brits instead of foreigners!

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Danyon Hume is really the only rider to have gained from the "rising star" system, everyone else who has done well was picked already for 2020, including Bowtell!

RS system has worked better in the Prem in my view, giving rides to Brits instead of foreigners!

What I meant is that both Bowtell and Hume have been overlooked in the past and not given long runs in teams.

10 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

What I meant is that both Bowtell and Hume have been overlooked in the past and not given long runs in teams.

It has stopped Teams training some 2nd rate foreigners and probably saved a few bob.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’d assume Friday this week?

SON will be an issue for both Edinburgh and Glasgow. I assume we won't be able to run on the Friday or Saturday when it's on?

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

SON will be an issue for both Edinburgh and Glasgow. I assume we won't be able to run on the Friday or Saturday when it's on?

SON is on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th, so nothing to stop Edinburgh or Glasgow running on Friday 15th, except the weather!

50 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’d assume Friday this week?

Forecast looks poor again.

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

19 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

SON is on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th, so nothing to stop Edinburgh or Glasgow running on Friday 15th, except the weather!

Frustrating when they extended the cut off date.