Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions K.o.c 2nd Leg 29th September.

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

My recollection is that he often gets caught out. Average fixing (failed) at Edinburgh and an August “sun-off” that resulted in Glasgow needing a referee’s consent before they could call off a meeting come to mind

Didn't work yesterday either as Howarth was rotten 

• Haha 1

So Dan Thompson was ill yesterday and unable to ride in the Glasgow v Leicester fixture. Presumably a non-speedway occurrence. Is there a rule covering this type of absence and what are the implications for the Lions going forward given that their schedule looks hectic over the coming week?

2 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

So Dan Thompson was ill yesterday and unable to ride in the Glasgow v Leicester fixture. Presumably a non-speedway occurrence. Is there a rule covering this type of absence and what are the implications for the Lions going forward given that their schedule looks hectic over the coming week?

Different rule for different Clubs has always been in place.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

A non-speedway related illness is surely a 7-day absence?

58 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Different rule for different Clubs has always been in place.

Yeah, us Pirates are sh*t hot at gerrin away with it! 

Toot Toot! :rofl:

So who will the guest at 6 be? Kyle Bickley, Zach Cook or Dillon Ruml?

Just now, Skidder1 said:

So who will the guest at 6 be? Kyle Bickley, Zach Cook or Dillon Ruml?

Out of those I'd like to see Zach in :t:

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If no Ben Basso it will be pretty unrealistic to expect us to progress. 

You'll win comfortably of that I have little doubt, Leicester won't win enough races and will have too many lasts.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You'll win comfortably of that I have little doubt, Leicester won't win enough races and will have too many lasts.

Sadly . I think you are correct. 

46 minutes ago, justathought said:

Sadly . I think you are correct. 

Oh IDK. Morris, Douglas, Howarth and Hans are all capable of getting double figures at Poole. I think it will be close on aggregate, if r/r at 2 thinking that will get more than Dan would imo. Zaine Kennedy the key for Leicester. Just hope Darcy doesn't give him any tips on how best to ride the track! ;)

Who knows,  fortunes can ebb and flow during a meeting.

Leicester could come flying out of the traps or they could have their minds on the quarter finals against Scunthorpe.

PIRATE SHIP making sure that all seven cannons are ready for action on Weds, plenty of gun powder on board and some BIG balls ready for It's A Knockout! :rofl:

Just been along the coast to Portsmouth to borrow a cannon off the HMS Victory and Nelson said I can borrow another one if needs be! :t:

He's a good chap is that Nelson! :party:

He knows what he's talking about as he used to have a speedway team of his own! :rofl:

:rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

Teams:
Poole 1  Rory Schlein; 2  Ben Basso; 3  Steve Worrall; 4  Ben Cook; 5  Danny King; 6  Zach Cook (Guest); 7  Danyon Hume - Team manager Neil Middleditch
Leicester 1  Nick Morris; 2  R/R; 3  Ryan Douglas; 4  Kyle Howarth; 5  Hans Andersen; 6  Joe Thompson; 7  Zaine Kennedy - Team manager Stewart Dickson

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Teams:
Poole 1  Rory Schlein; 2  Ben Basso; 3  Steve Worrall; 4  Ben Cook; 5  Danny King; 6  Zach Cook (Guest); 7  Danyon Hume - Team manager Neil Middleditch
Leicester 1  Nick Morris; 2  R/R; 3  Ryan Douglas; 4  Kyle Howarth; 5  Hans Andersen; 6  Joe Thompson; 7  Zaine Kennedy - Team manager Stewart Dickson

Great to see Basso on the Gasso is back, hope he's not too sore. Also Rory, he was doing well last night until he decided to hit the tapes. 

Bring it on, Win with a Worrall :party:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Great to see Basso on the Gasso is back, hope he's not too sore. Also Rory, he was doing well last night until he decided to hit the tapes. 

Bring it on, Win with a Worrall :party:

Lets hope its not high tide and the track drains off after this evenings torrential downpours!!!;)