British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Play-off Q/F - Scunthorpe v Leicester - Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd October

9 minutes ago, montie said:

The way Kennedy rode last time I guess the vice chairman 

He was outstanding

Well, that’s a fortunate coincidence, isn’t it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Chairman vs Vice Chairman. Who’ll be most cheesed off that Dan Thompson won’t be allowed to ride?

What’s wrong with Dan?

10 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

What’s wrong with Dan?

Was seen with Wolbert in the service station eating burgers.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Was seen with Wolbert in the service station eating burgers.:rolleyes:

Probably he told young Dan try this one I’ve had before I was on the pan for days.

Scunthorpe don't stand a chance,  I think they will win narrowly at home but when they get on that unfair track at Leicester it will be curtains.  The PC Arena is  crap it's just gate and go to the first bend then follow the leader because the track curator makes sure that overtaking is impossible by only grading the inside line.........Boring 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Scunthorpe don't stand a chance,  I think they will win narrowly at home but when they get on that unfair track at Leicester it will be curtains.  The PC Arena is  crap it's just gate and go to the first bend then follow the leader because the track curator makes sure that overtaking is impossible by only grading the inside line.........Boring 

Agreed!

It's called 'cheating' imo.... Set the bike up to reach the first turn (first).

Who would want to watch that every week ?

I'm a neutral for this match but I think it would be a fitting tribute to the late Danny Ayres if Scunthorpe could go all the way!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Scunthorpe doesn't stand a chance,  I think they will win narrowly at home but when they get on that unfair track at Leicester it will be curtains.  The PC Arena is crap it's just gate and goes to the first bend then follow the leader because the track curator makes sure that overtaking is impossible by only grading the inside line.........Boring :rofl:

Edited by justathought

34 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

If it is gate and go as expected,  Scunthorpe know exactly what they need to do before the start of the away leg I suppose, get the starts. Don't know if there's any bike/clutch setups which can be done to emphasise the start? ( Probably not).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

You may have had to wait a while last Saturday, but heat 15 of the second meeting (NDL) was the best race I've seen this year (and this year I've been to every CL track plus the NSS and Mildenhall). 
With respect, a lot of folk say they've been to Leicester and it was crap. Well it was crap, was being the operative word. The current team and the current track curator (Stuart Dickson) have worked very hard to prepare a track with more shale and better overtaking opportunities especially around the outside. 

I would make one qualification. The forecast for the weekend looks rubbish. In such conditions, like many tracks, the management tend to go for a slick track to increase the chance of completing the meeting.

• Like 1

There has been some pretty good racing at times this year to be fair... but the operating window of the track seems to be very small and unless it's nigh on perfect the racing can very easily be strung out and quite dull

Hope the weather stays kind for both legs and the best team wins overall , only visited Leicester once this season and I thought the racing was poor to be honest .Surely when the track was built at Beaumont Leys  and they had a blank canvass they would have laid a better shaped track  which then produces better racing