what a true fan you are.

Win or lose, support your team.

He did he paid his money

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Left after heat 10?
what a true fan you are.

I do support my team by watching every match, I go and pay my money, if its cold, bad racing etc then its my choice to leave.... what time I leave does not make me a true fan, super fan or poor fan. I never boo and always cheer/clap when our riders do well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Left after heat 10?
what a true fan you are.

Sadly most on this board rarely attend meetings let alone staying until after Heat 15.

Lewis - that wasn't a knock on you, well done for putting money into speedway.

Edited by Prentice1874
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Left after heat 10?
what a true fan you are.

Totally agree. 

Went to Newcastle's double header vs Poole & Plymouth. 

After we Pirates had won, by more than a few points!, you may av expected the crowd to thin by a fair amount but no, everyone stayed to show their support. 

At Scunny after heat 10 it was 24-36, 5 heats to go who knows what was going to happen. What if Scunny had come back into it? 

Ok you pay your money u take ur choice but it would've been egg on your face! An ostrich size egg would suitably av fitted this occasion! :lol:

And still a 2nd leg to go, near 30 point deficits av been overturned before! 

Altho on this occasion I don't think Scunny stand a chance! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

9 hours ago, Lewis said:

I do support my team by watching every match, I go and pay my money, if its cold, bad racing etc then its my choice to leave.... what time I leave does not make me a true fan, super fan or poor fan. I never boo and always cheer/clap when our riders do well.

Thank you sir, for coming and supporting the lads and paying your admission to help keep the club alive!

Meeting wise - that wasn't the best meeting we've had this season, I dont mind losing to the Lions, a team that would do well in the Premiership, but even the racing wasn't entertaining last night.

Outclassed by the Lions from the gate and that was that. Congratulations to the Lions and I wish you well in your quest to retain the league title.

As for the Scorpions - for a team tipped to be in the bottom part of the table, we've done good this season and I'd like to thank each and every rider that's donned a Scunthorpe race jacket this season, it's been a pleasure to follow you guys home and away all year.

Onto next year now and it was pleasing to hear that Rob's secured Jake Allens contract from Somerset - maybe that means he's coming back?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Ok you pay your money u take ur choice but it would've been egg on your face! An ostrich size egg would suitably av fitted this occasion! 

I  understand what you are saying but people post generalizations without knowing the individual circumstances. After spending 2 hours at hospital with my 80 year old father earlier in the day it was touch and go whether he wanted to go as up until 5.30pm he couldn't see due to the solution they had put in his eyes. During the meeting he said it was getting too cold for him and he wasn't enjoying Leicester beating us and could I take him home.

• Like 1

Tonight's match just been called off, restaging next Saturday... I wonder why not tomorrow afternoon? You'd think Scunny would forfeit the match :lol:

Edited by iainb

23 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

As for the Scorpions - for a team tipped to be in the bottom part of the table, we've done good this season and I'd like to thank each and every rider that's donned a Scunthorpe race jacket this season, it's been a pleasure to follow you guys home and away all year.

think we were tipped for the wooden spoon or 2nd bottom by most observers, okay Ellis strengthened us away from home but it was very satisfying to get to 6th place, I echo your thoughts and was overall happy with our season performance. We are not at the same level as some others in the league but our cloth is cut according to money available :)

10 hours ago, Lewis said:

You must have left after the first few heats of the Poole meeting. No racing in that one whatsoever!

• Like 1

Your team was only 12 points down with 5 heats to go so still a chance of a win, but you left. You would have missed some incredible meetings if you did that at Redcar recently. Watching only two thirds of a meeting doesn’t seem right, wether you paid or not ( you have no choice in that ) when your team can still win and support can make a difference.

Your choice, but not one I would make, see it through no matter what the result.

10 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Your team was only 12 points down with 5 heats to go so still a chance of a win, but you left. You would have missed some incredible meetings if you did that at Redcar recently. Watching only two thirds of a meeting doesn’t seem right, wether you paid or not ( you have no choice in that ) when your team can still win and support can make a difference.

Your choice, but not one I would make, see it through no matter what the result.

Thing  is scunthorpe have been generally poor recently from heat 11 onwards. And in all honesty we were never in the meeting and soundly beaten by a better team. Personally I didn't leave as it was last meeting of season but each to there own . Think most scunthorpe fans even prior to the meeting new we would get beat and probably for the first time this season the atmosphere was subdued from start to finish 

Inevitable result last night... Connor covered for Theo at reserve, but the joint absence of Thomas and Tero proved too much to bear.  That's not taking anything from Leicester, who were superb last night and may well have beaten a full-strength Scorpions.

Still some superb racing on display. Heat 13 was good, but Heat 14 was even better - with one Scorpion battling with Lions for two laps, and the other taking over the battle on the last two laps, resulting in a near dead-heat for second place.

• Like 1

What's weather like in Leicester this morning?

Can I pay by card on the gate or is it cash only?

1 minute ago, Col said:

What's weather like in Leicester this morning?

Can I pay by card on the gate or is it cash only?

It's off, as already posted on this thread. Re-staging next Saturday (October 9).

I'm sure of the Leicester fans can confirm, but I believe you can pay on the gate.

Edited by lucifer sam

Considering the championship has 5 days to choose from, you'd think Leicester could choose a date during the week. 

• Like 2