British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Play-off Q/F - Scunthorpe v Leicester - Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd October

37 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

It's off, as already posted on this thread. Re-staging next Saturday (October 9).

I'm sure of the Leicester fans can confirm, but I believe you can pay on the gate.

Ah yes, was engrossed in the grand final of autobiography wars on TalkSport, didn't read anything,  wasn't reporting as cancelled on BSPA site when I checked before posting but it is now.  Not sure I can do next Saturday, as I'm working.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

see it through no matter what the result.

Even if you can't "see"? Smh

46 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

but I believe you can pay on the gate.

Yes you can, cash or card

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

I  understand what you are saying but people post generalizations without knowing the individual circumstances. After spending 2 hours at hospital with my 80 year old father earlier in the day it was touch and go whether he wanted to go as up until 5.30pm he couldn't see due to the solution they had put in his eyes. During the meeting he said it was getting too cold for him and he wasn't enjoying Leicester beating us and could I take him home.

Sincerely sorry to hear the circumstances. Maybe if u had posted due to family circumstances u had to leave early then u don't av to post a full explanation. 

From ur original post we had no idea and I apologise. 

Sorry Lewis :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Considering the championship has 5 days to choose from, you'd think Leicester could choose a date during the week. 

In a couple of weeks we will be in to SON territory on the Saturday and Sunday so you would think that they would want to crack on as quickly as they can...

Wouldnt be a good idea (even if they are allowed to which I am not sure they are), to run against that and you are then heading quickly into late October, which is never a pleasant part of the year weather wise...

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Tonight's match just been called off, restaging next Saturday... I wonder why not tomorrow afternoon? You'd think Scunny would forfeit the match :lol:

Perhaps because the City are at Crystal Palace at 2pm and the match is on Sky?

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Perhaps because the City are at Crystal Palace at 2pm and the match is on Sky?

Maybe, only 90 mins though, anytime after 5pm could have been run

I think, given the amount of rain in Leicester the last few days and today so far (and there's more, to come) it would have been very difficult to prepare the track for racing for tomorrow afternoon or evening.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think, given the amount of rain in Leicester the last few days and today so far (and there's more, to come) it would have been very difficult to prepare the track for racing for tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I thought that about the track at Scunny last night... but it was fine. Don't know what the drainage is like at Leicester... looks like the CL is heading for an Oct 31st final though

3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

You were right,not rearranged till next Sat,can see these play offs finishing in Dec.

• Like 2

Forecasting Snow in some parts of Scotland this week even on lower ground.

They just never learn and every season is the same.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, iainb said:

Maybe, only 90 mins though, anytime after 5pm could have been run

Having spoken to someone at the track this morning he told me that there's no way the meeting could run the track is under water and very soft. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gazc said:

Forecasting Snow in some parts of Scotland this week even on lower ground.

They just never learn and every season is the same.

To be fair, with this season not getting underway til late May it was always likely to run late.

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To be fair, with this season not getting underway til late May it was always likely to run late.

Which makes it even more question able to have quarter finals. Mr Godfrey would be doing the sensible thing if, in the best interests of the sport, he now concedes the tie and allows the semi finals to proceed asap, with Poole v Leicester

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Still a lot of inactivity during the summer as per usual and then you get the shi*show trying to cram meetings in once the weather has changed for the worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Which makes it even more question able to have quarter finals. Mr Godfrey would be doing the sensible thing if, in the best interests of the sport, he now concedes the tie and allows the semi finals to proceed asap, with Poole v Leicester

So what does he pay his riders for loss of potential earnings???  If we didn't have a huge gap of no racing in the middle of summer we would not be in this situation.