British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Play-off Q/F - Scunthorpe v Leicester - Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd October

I think the sooner the speedway season is over, the better. This extra round of playoffs has been unnecessary and is only serving to drag things out, weather fast deteriorating, rider availability problems, and the fuel crisis is bound to have an impact as it carries on for a few more weeks at least.

It's time for a decision to be made, which is to reduce it down to a Poole v Glasgow final, and the KOCup final if possible. Otherwise the risk of it all going into chaos is too high

8 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I think the sooner the speedway season is over, the better. This extra round of playoffs has been unnecessary and is only serving to drag things out, weather fast deteriorating, rider availability problems, and the fuel crisis is bound to have an impact as it carries on for a few more weeks at least.

It's time for a decision to be made, which is to reduce it down to a Poole v Glasgow final, and the KOCup final if possible. Otherwise the risk of it all going into chaos is too high

Yeah whoever finished top of the league should be champions 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Big Al said:

fear not,you can fill your car up in Scunny as well as watch 2 good teams going at it on a fabulous race track

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Big Al said:

What makes it more galling is that it’s the same scenario every season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

fear not,you can fill your car up in Scunny as well as watch 2 good teams going at it on a fabulous race track

Yes ,but will you waste your fuel on a trip to watch a pointless second leg with a patched up side, on a not so fabulous track at Leicester???:D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Yes ,but will you waste your fuel on a trip to watch a pointless second leg with a patched up side, on a not so fabulous track at Leicester???:D

As sad and discouraging as that sounds, I will no doubt still make the trip, clutching on to every last little bit of hope there is :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What makes it more galling is that it’s the same scenario every season.

Worse this year because of the quarter finals. They could be getting on with the semi finals now and have a decent chance of the final being done by mid month before tracks become too problematic 

On reading the events of this last 24 hours, it takes me back to 2012 when we lost (if memory is right) Jorgensen & Howe & Morris injured in play off groups, had to use guests for the last few meetings & we know how that turned out. :party::drink: If only history could repeat itself.

Edited by IronScorpion
wrong rider
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 11:12 AM, wtf said:

How appropriate?  And I'm not sure Rob will be keen to pay what jason will want 

More to the point, will Rob be keen to pay what Ben will want, again.

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I completely agree :D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I completely agree :D

So do I & have a (sponsors) shield for top 4 play offs.

6 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

If the original cut off dates would have been adhered too by clubs then this weekend would be finals weekend 

Yup and 6 play off teams haven't changed anyway. Was a pointless extension IMO. Don't see play offs and KO cup getting finished this season

Agree 100%.  Sides that pushed on with meetings will now have a bigger chance of rain offs in October and potentially lose money on a rain off

It's R/R for Jorgensen, Kasper Andersen for Aarnio & Connor Mountain at reserve for Pijper , according to Lions website.