Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

Looks like the Eurosport secret meeting and decision to pair Sheffield with Belle Vue will result in the NSS being one of the grand final tracks to broadcast from

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Rain has to stop somewhere. Example: it has been raining on my front driveway and at exactly the same time bone dry in the back garden. !!

Yes you are right but historically and on balance the nutjob is right.

I recall going to the EoES one Sunday and it absolutely hammered it down about a mile from circuit and I thought that's blown it.  I arrived at the Showground and it was amazingly bone dry. That's very much the exception to the rule though, and I'll say again, if I've had a load of the wet stuff 8 miles away then so has the Showground. We can all come up with our own examples but I don't recall wasting too much time attending rain offs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

You really do spout a load of bollocks. You neither know my age or preference when it comes to the sport and I would far rather see up and coming youngsters competing in individual meetings without the pressure of team racing than the contrived crap that is put on today as so called entertainment. You seem to have little ability to grasp the point being made but I can live with that. Each to their own.

Of course we know your  age group and preference  ....Your point was that Tv and Du riders  somehow dictate the  fixture list  and  only fixture fillers were ran in oct in the old days .. quite clearly none of that is true 

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Rain has to stop somewhere. Example: it has been raining on my front driveway and at exactly the same time bone dry in the back garden. !!

Is that like when your watching Tv sometimes the main character is getting soaked but in the background the paths still bone dry:D

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Sounds like you live in a Sandbanks mansion?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, iainb said:

Don't know why it took them over an hour to decide the track was waterlogged! Wasted trip from Leicester and cancelled just as I got there. Not happy!

It’s because the TV were there, if it wasn’t live on TV then it would have likely been called off after the 5pm cloudburst.

Of course then we would have likely had complaints from someone we had called it off to early !!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Yeah whatever, even Peter Adams wanted it to go ahead!

No doubt, thankfully he wasn’t the one making the decision.

• Like 1

Interesting night ahead Thursday then. We still have the same MPT will he or won't he ride? Will we go with Kerr again or look elsewhere? 

Barring Sheffield pulling of a huge surprise it looks like Belle Vue await the winners. Many will say it's Belle Vue's title to lose IF panthers win.  If wolves were to win they'd be favourites

Edited by Flappy

12 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Yeah whatever, even Peter Adams wanted it to go ahead!

Where is it been said that Peter Adams that he wanted it On? Being there I did not hear him say anything like that?

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s because the TV were there, if it wasn’t live on TV then it would have likely been called off after the 5pm cloudburst.

Of course then we would have likely had complaints from someone we had called it off to early !!!!

No complaints from me when it's actually rained, I was told sometime back on these forums that the fact that TV are covering a match makes no difference at all.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Another example, it was bone dry about a mile up the A1, Peterborough were quite unlucky copping the rain

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Where is it been said that Peter Adams that he wanted it On? Being there I did not hear him say anything like that?

Kelvin Tatum said Adams wanted it on in the tv interview.

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Afraid I agree with the nutjob. I'm 8 miles on the other side of Peterborough and if I've got rain and/or puddles then so has the EoES, whatever "it's been dry here all day" message you get from the track. I can't recall getting it wrong too much over the years.

That won't always be the case. Have you never been driving on the motorway in rain then all of a sudden you drive out of it? As Lisa says, rain has to end at some point and it can very easily be raining where you are but be dry literally minutes away.

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

On TV Tatum said Adams wanted it to go ahead.

10 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

On TV Tatum said Adams wanted it to go ahead.

He did, though he did seem to qualify it with “before the walked on the track”. So perhaps he changed his mind once he saw it. Unfortunately they didn’t really go into any details, so it’s hard to know.

• Like 1