British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

6 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I wonder if MPT has considered swapping his clutch and throttle over on his handle bars!...seriously though I hope he rides..he's been the heart of our team this season...it all hinges on this imo..

I'm sure we've had conversations on here in the past describing how riders have put the clutch lever on the right i.e. on the same side as the throttle. I've always had some difficulty imaging how this can work but apparently it is possible.

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

His four rides are well spaced out and with no RR he may only need to take those four rides , 

Think it was Jimmy Beaton who rode for Glasgow in the 80s that had both the throttle and clutch on the same side of the handlebars he adapted well to continue riding for a few years in this manner , no one borrowed hes bike during a meeting 

It was and still goes to glasgow home meetings spoke to him the other week .

• Thanks 1

a side would be daft to go rr with a 50-50 fit other member in the side, boro wont be able to use irr tonight if things dont work out for toft

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

a side would be daft to go rr with a 50-50 fit other member in the side, boro wont be able to use irr tonight if things dont work out for toft

Not sure of the ruling, is it because IRR applies when the rider gets injured in the meeting ?

Just now, Beowulf said:

Not sure of the ruling, is it because IRR applies when the rider gets injured in the meeting ?

Correct would have to have a crash in meeting and sustain injury. 
If MPT did 1 ride and withdrew they could use Bjarne Pedersen for his other 3 rides. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Not for agrivating and injury but if he fell and say hurt his leg they could 

• Like 1

If MPT is 50/50 then that is a risk and in that case the guest is the much safer option, albeit with limited options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

I'm sure we've had conversations on here in the past describing how riders have put the clutch lever on the right i.e. on the same side as the throttle. I've always had some difficulty imaging how this can work but apparently it is possible.

Back in time I remember Peter Collins doing it when he injured his hand.

13 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Back in time I remember Peter Collins doing it when he injured his hand.

That's correct he did, I could be mistaken but I think it was the 73 KO cup final run-off when he beat Anders Michanek in what was the best race, bar none, I have ever seen, the lead changing hands on every bend for 4 laps, PC grabbing victory on the line.  

27 minutes ago, nw42 said:

That's correct he did, I could be mistaken but I think it was the 73 KO cup final run-off when he beat Anders Michanek in what was the best race, bar none, I have ever seen, the lead changing hands on every bend for 4 laps, PC grabbing victory on the line.  

Yes and Anders was on Bernie Leigh’s bike !!

36 minutes ago, nw42 said:

I though that was the occasion but wasnt 100% sure. Must have been great to watch that live, sadly I believe it wasn't recorded and isn't available anywhere.

15 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Hearing good news about Cook.

Yes he is eating his full quota of 5 a day now,,, very good news

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

So basically they are saying Kerr at no 2 is better than utilising Harris, Nicholls, Andersen, MPT or Pedersen.

That just doesn’t make any sense to me.

What if MPT pulls out after his first ride though? Then Panthers are up the creek. Having Kerr is insurance

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

So basically they are saying Kerr at no 2 is better than utilising Harris, Nicholls, Andersen, MPT or Pedersen.

That just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Neither to me!!!! I can see Panthers losing the lead after heat 1.  and never regaining it. Heat 2  pairing does not inspire confidence.   Panthers will need to pull out all the stops to win this one

• Like 1