Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

18 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Palm Toft never been a trapper and now we know it's broken finger tips of his clutch hand then I'll be surprised if he gets out of the start to win heat one. 

Well he is at Monmore ! Doesn't do too much otherwise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I  do not understand Panthers not operating RR.

That's obvious due to MPT

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I  do not understand Panthers not operating RR.

Quite obvious, they don't want to go down to five riders should MPT pull out early. 

Not sure I agree with it but its fully understandable.

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

That's obvious due to MPT

But it still would have left the Panthers with rides for Andersen, Harris, Nicholls and Pedersen which on the face of it ould seem to be a good option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Neither to me!!!! I can see Panthers losing the lead after heat 1.  and never regaining it. Heat 2  pairing does not inspire confidence.   Panthers will need to pull out all the stops to win this one

Same here

23 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Well he is at Monmore ! Doesn't do too much otherwise.

It's often funny how riders (or indeed a whole team) can trap away and then next time out look like they are asleep as the tapes rise. Of course, two broken fingers not a great confidence builder.

Masters is key tonight for Wolves.  He has a shocking record at the EOEA for a number 1, but if he turns that around tonight then I'd fancy Wolves to win it.

Kerr should be good for between 3-7 points. He actually banged in 14+1 last King's Lynn home meeting

Edited by Flappy

Just done the score for each heat with no extra rides for either team and now predict a win for the Panthers 48-42. MPT 4, Lewis 2, Hans 11, Scott 9, Chris 14, Bjarne 6,Jordan 1. Chris and Hans in heat 15. I know it will not be entirely correct but was fun doing it. Bring it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

I'm talking about the showground..not that junior track...

Respect please ! That "junior track" is probably, currently, the oldest operating track in the world having opened in 1928..............................................................

So every other track is junior.:D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

But it still would have left the Panthers with rides for Andersen, Harris, Nicholls and Pedersen which on the face of it ould seem to be a good option.

If MPT pulls out after 1 ride then Bjarne could take the remaining 3 so he can't take a r/r ride - meaning Palin would have to have an extra ride, either for MPT or r/r

5 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Just done the score for each heat with no extra rides for either team and now predict a win for the Panthers 48-42. MPT 4, Lewis 2, Hans 11, Scott 9, Chris 14, Bjarne 6,Jordan 1. Chris and Hans in heat 15. I know it will not be entirely correct but was fun doing it. Bring it on.

I presume you're not an accountant, your individual scores come to 47. Still enough mind you.

• Haha 1

As for heat 2, at home, surely Pedersen and Palin are better than Nicol and Flint.

8 minutes ago, Noodles said:

If MPT pulls out after 1 ride then Bjarne could take the remaining 3 so he can't take a r/r ride - meaning Palin would have to have an extra ride, either for MPT or r/r

You also have to factor in that MPT could pull out and one of Harris, Andersen, Bjarne or Nicholls could get injured.

3 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

You also have to factor in that MPT could pull out and one of Harris, Andersen, Bjarne or Nicholls could get injured.

If that's the case, then you also have to factor in any of the Wolves riders getting injured and therefore could pull out .  Just as possible.

Someone give this kid a lolly pop :rofl:

• Haha 1