British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

For me as a neutral, it was a meeting that promised a lot, but failed to deliver. The crowd was excellent, but the track was slick and offered few passing opportunities. A real shame for those of us present and for the TV audience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

For me as a neutral, it was a meeting that promised a lot, but failed to deliver. The crowd was excellent, but the track was slick and offered few passing opportunities. A real shame for those of us present and for the TV audience.

There was good racing involving Douglas.

The problem was that the Wolves riders (with the exception of Douglas) were so much slower.

It takes two to tango. 

8 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Rob Lyon  seems to get things right. My fears proved groundless and those I feared would let us down rose magnificently to the occasion

Best in the business.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

There was good racing involving Douglas.

The problem was that the Wolves riders (with the exception of Douglas) were so much slower.

It takes two to tango. 

Pedersen started off 15 metres in heat 2, caught Broc within 1.5 laps then was stuck behind him and couldn't get past. Countless times riders tried the outside line to get past but it just wasn't there

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Pedersen started off 15 metres in heat 2, caught Broc within 1.5 laps then was stuck behind him and couldn't get past. Countless times riders tried the outside line to get past but it just wasn't there

Too much grip round the kerb early on, Tatum identified it on the dirtometer feature and Panthers fans have commented on it numerous times since Buster took over. No idea why its prepared like that, home advantage maybe? There was some really good racing in the last third of the meeting but it would be nice if it happened much earlier because it's such a good circuit when it's at it's best, up there with the NSS.

• Like 1

Not enough is being said about the Panthers performance, think personally it's one of the best I've seen in many years after the start.

This team never knows when they're beaten.  

Means nothing in the final bit it'd be fitting for this group of riders to win the title as I'm not sure how many more years they have left in the sport

• Like 1

I think the majority of Fans can accept the first four heats are normally gate and go, but after that point you really should see some passing. Last night we had to wait till around 11 for real action. 

Sounds like the show ground track of old ……. Hug the kerb ( front wheel on the grass ) was always the quickest way round. Passing for home riders only was on second bend when you rode both wheels on the grass and hoped the ref didn’t see . 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Too much grip round the kerb early on, Tatum identified it on the dirtometer feature and Panthers fans have commented on it numerous times since Buster took over. No idea why its prepared like that, home advantage maybe? There was some really good racing in the last third of the meeting but it would be nice if it happened much earlier because it's such a good circuit when it's at it's best, up there with the NSS.

I think one of the problems was the inside is lower than the rest of the track and was where the laying water was Monday so consequently it was still very grippy.

Most of the Panthers team prefer it to be grippy on the outside.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Rob Lyon  seems to get things right. My fears proved groundless and those I feared would let us down rose magnificently to the occasion

I will echo that.

I think the majority of us have to eat humble pie this morning. Kerr not a good guest, Bjarne will not score the points at reserve.....how wrong we were. Well done to both of them and the whole team. Now let us finish the job next week.

• Like 7

Well done to Peterborough 

Poor show from Wolves over the 2 legs. Very disappointed how we folded up after a bright start.

Echo what was said above re the track shame it took till heat 10 for a pass. As a spectacle it was a non event. 

Danny King needs to stick to racing he was so wooden with his clipboard could of been nerves , but made as many mistakes as Tatum and Pearson 

30 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

I think the majority of us have to eat humble pie this morning. Kerr not a good guest, Bjarne will not score the points at reserve.....how wrong we were. Well done to both of them and the whole team. Now let us finish the job next week.

Pedersen certainly suprised me. He looked fast all night.