British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

Its not rained at all this morning in W. Yorks where I am, and in fact is brightening up a bit with the sun threatening to come out so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I don't think anyone would question it,,, as it may be their turn to have their back scratched next

Correct...

If Mountain does ok, one of the other 3 might want to use him later in the play offs... :D

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Correct...

If Mountain does ok, one of the other 3 might want to use him later in the play offs... :D

A bit over confident there :wink:

35 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Correct...

I know this is in jest, but wasn't there a rule where a rider can't guest for multiple clubs in the play offs?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

I know this is in jest, but wasn't there a rule where a rider can't guest for multiple clubs in the play offs?

A Rule :rofl:

• Like 1

Hardly had any rain today since 6 am. Strong breeze and not raining at the moment. I’m only 1 Mile from the track. Regarding Connor Mountain apparently at an urgent BSPA meeting this morning if he scores well for us tonight he’s not allowed to ride for anyone else in the play offs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I think the issue was a rider guesting for both teams in a tie! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

First visit to Sheffield in years so really looking forward to this meeting, hopefully the weather holds off.  This tie can go either way and I have a feeling that who ever wins it will win the final.

Really? Peterborough favourites for me if they get through. I guess it depends whether MPT will be riding again. Hopefully BV or Sheffield will make a decent fist of it though. No one wants a one sided final. And yes I get the irony of me saying that! :D

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well we wouldn't want the integrity of the sport compromised. .. would we???

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

On the same night at the same meeting....? :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Well we wouldn't want the integrity of the sport compromised. .. would we???

Perish the thought...:D

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

On the same night at the same meeting....? :D

Lol, wouldn't put it past anyone to try it! But even different legs it was an issue ;)

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Really? Peterborough favourites for me if they get through. I guess it depends whether MPT will be riding again. Hopefully BV or Sheffield will make a decent fist of it though. No one wants a one sided final. And yes I get the irony of me saying that! :D

Favourites yes, but Favourites don't always win.