British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

Nothing wrong with track. Better racing in heat 1 then there was in 15 heats last time BV were here.

Edited by Rob B

3 minutes ago, tyke said:

I'd suggest it would act as a sail if the wind got underneath and at least rip the covers off or at worse damage the fence , therefore causing more issue's than it would solve

I'm sure it could be done in this day and age.I done on a much smaller scale for a cover over a run no problems,and i am far from expert.

How about something like cricket covers for the bends.

11 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Six clubs and they still drag the season into October. Makes you wonder how they managed when they had twice as many teams in the same league. Covid and all the other excuses are just that, excuses. A major restructure is needed otherwise shut up shop and let each track do its own thing unless a few clubs can get together for match racing. Clearly the current custodians of the sport are not up to the job and they should stop pretending everything is OK. Hey you lot in charge, it is crap, get a grip and sort it.

Oh you can be sure if there's a way to screw up, then the BSPL will leave no stone unturned to find it

• Like 2

Currently 2065 following the updates. Says it all really. Stream a meeting at £10 a pop and that is not bad. Accept not all would join the stream but those not on the updates might so it’s swings and roundabouts. Given the way the sport is going why give it to Discovery, do your own thing BSPL and FIM sell it direct to the fans if as it seems the only way we will get to watch it is on-line.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm sure it could be done in this day and age.I done on a much smaller scale for a cover over a run no problems,and i am far from expert.

How about something like cricket covers for the bends.

Dunno, but my local cricket club paid over £4k each for 3 covers and I think there about 8m Long by 4m wide. To cover only 1 wicket . V. Expensive kit

Belle Vue 4 up and Bewley 0 from 2 rides. Who would have predicted that. 

Bewley 0 from 3 what is going on! Belle Vue still 2 up though, Worrall's doing well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Currently 2065 following the updates. Says it all really. Stream a meeting at £10 a pop and that is not bad. Accept not all would join the stream but those not on the updates might so it’s swings and roundabouts. Given the way the sport is going why give it to Discovery, do your own thing BSPL and FIM sell it direct to the fans if as it seems the only way we will get to watch it is on-line.

Every club should stream meetings

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Sheffield are choking worse than Wolves.

How can you not beat BV when they're missing a top leader.

Not a question of choking Sheffield just not good enough. Belle vue are a decent team now Steve Worrall s got going

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Every club should stream meetings

Clubs are spread out across the UK and ten pounds of petrol will not get you that far plus battling traffic, roadworks and mid week fixtures because clubs won’t run on weekends means fewer travelling fans so why won’t clubs stream. Some you win some you lose but I guess many a supporter would like to see a meeting that in normal circumstances they would never travel to the track but you could add a few more of the supporters of both clubs taking part. It will not happen but we live in hope

11 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Clubs are spread out across the UK and ten pounds of petrol will not get you that far plus battling traffic, roadworks and mid week fixtures because clubs won’t run on weekends means fewer travelling fans so why won’t clubs stream. Some you win some you lose but I guess many a supporter would like to see a meeting that in normal circumstances they would never travel to the track but you could add a few more of the supporters of both clubs taking part. It will not happen but we live in hope

It's 2021 an absolute no brainer