British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

Probably another example of the "Holder Family Genes".  We've seen it before in his sibling.:D

1 minute ago, Dave Jones said:

Probably another example of the "Holder Family Genes".  We've seen it before in his sibling.:D

Don't remember Chris being like that tbh! Not the best at team riding in his early days, a lot of other riders complained about that! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

charles wright also offered his hand when he beat holder but again holder just rode straight on ignoring his hand :nono:

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't remember Chris being like that tbh! Not the best at team riding in his early days, a lot of other riders complained about that! 

I think it's fair to say they both can show a nasty streak when the mood takes them.

2 hours ago, NSS1 said:

pair of arrogant people and that's being kind !! :nono:

Jack is definitely arrogant, but know way is Chris 

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I think it's fair to say they both can show a nasty streak when the mood takes them.

All the time he was at Poole, never saw Chris be nasty 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Sensational performance from the  Aces, the team were well up for it tonight and that was the big difference.  On to Thursday and no chicken's being counted here.  

Ten points was exactly the same margin that Peterborough managed to beat us by at Owlerton a few weeks back.... but four days later we beat them by 12 on their own turf. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Ten points was exactly the same margin that Peterborough managed to beat us by at Owlerton a few weeks back.... but four days later we beat them by 12 on their own turf. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. 

Remember the score 3 weeks ago at NSS against Sheffield 54-36 :t:

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Jack is definitely arrogant, but know way is Chris 

23 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

All the time he was at Poole, never saw Chris be nasty 

Chris has always seemed to be okay. The trouble with Jack (now this is just my opinion, I could be waaaaayyyyyyy off here!) is that Chris has done a lot for him from what others have said, whereas Chris prob had to do it for himself for when he came over. So I feel that Jack has been handed a lot of things on a plate. Plus Chris has always said publicly that Jack will be better than him (or words similar in interviews at Poole - would have been around 2014/2015 though). So maybe gone to his head a little bit. Just what I think though, I could be so far off with my thoughts!

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Chris has always seemed to be okay. The trouble with Jack (now this is just my opinion, I could be waaaaayyyyyyy off here!) is that Chris has done a lot for him from what others have said, whereas Chris prob had to do it for himself for when he came over. So I feel that Jack has been handed a lot of things on a plate. Plus Chris has always said publicly that Jack will be better than him (or words similar in interviews at Poole - would have been around 2014/2015 though). So maybe gone to his head a little bit. Just what I think though, I could be so far off with my thoughts!

Just comes across as a spoilt kid, maybe he was spoiled being the younger brother.  Seen him ignore the handshake plenty of times and that's just on tv meetings, height of ignorance imo.

7 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Just comes across as a spoilt kid, maybe he was spoiled being the younger brother.  Seen him ignore the handshake plenty of times and that's just on tv meetings, height of ignorance imo.

Can't argue with that! Hopefully he'll get there at some point and be more respectful to fellow riders.

Edited by lisa-colette

Well Done Belle Vue,

I cannot see us pulling this one out of the bag, we were for the big underdogs to win the play offs, so was not expecting us to win this Semi.

But I thought we could have at least win the home leg.

This result sums up our season inconsistent.

If as I suspect Peterborough win the Semi I can see Belle Vue beating them over two legs in the Final.

As for Jack Holder not shaking hand or acknowledging opponents after the race frankly I don't care, as long as he is racking up the points for the team and acknowledger's the crowd I am happy.

And hopefully we can have Jack back in the team next season.

Add Adam Ellis, Josh Pickering and Stefan Nielsen to the team sheet next season.

Lets see what the points limit is for next season who I think that we need to add to the team.

Finally good luck to the Aces for the Final, and hopefully they can get that Play Off Final win.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spin king said:

Well Done Belle Vue,

I cannot see us pulling this one out of the bag, we were for the big underdogs to win the play offs, so was not expecting us to win this Semi.

But I thought we could have at least win the home leg.

This result sums up our season inconsistent.

If as I suspect Peterborough win the Semi I can see Belle Vue beating them over two legs in the Final.

As for Jack Holder not shaking hand or acknowledging opponents after the race frankly I don't care, as long as he is racking up the points for the team and acknowledger's the crowd I am happy.

And hopefully we can have Jack back in the team next season.

Add Adam Ellis, Josh Pickering and Stefan Nielsen to the team sheet next season.

Lets see what the points limit is for next season who I think that we need to add to the team.

Finally good luck to the Aces for the Final, and hopefully they can get that Play Off Final win.  

Let's face it, there's only one rider we need to lose, and if we can replace him with a genuine seven-pointer we'll be a winning team again.